Author Topic: kelly  (Read 3987 times)

Offline rosie55

• RootsChat Extra
  • hope you all good luck in your searches x
    • View Profile
kelly
« on: Friday 23 July 10 20:15 BST (UK) »
Trying to find any info for birth of Patrick Luke Kelly  on 1901/1911 census it has his birth place as Galway but cant find any more info about him by his age on census he was born 1870s he was in Sligo in 1898 as thats when his twins were born in Sligo and he was there up to 1911 but cant find out anything after that does anyone know I can look to find his town or parish or birth certificate   ???  :)
kelly/galway   gallagher rossinver sligo  1870s onward

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: kelly
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 July 10 20:20 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 July 10 20:21 BST (UK) »
Did Patrick marry ?

If so I'd start by searching for his marriage details. A cert would give you father's name to help confirm, or rule out, any births you find.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline rosie55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 July 10 20:35 BST (UK) »
Yes he did marry 1890s and 1905ish where would i look for marriage I have been on a few site but with no luck finding have tried both his wives his children but the only info I have found is the census forms its so frustrating  :'( but not going to give up  :) thanks for your help

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 July 10 20:39 BST (UK) »
I posted the link to the BMD index in your other post -      gallaghers rossinver sligo

can you post some details on them - e.g. ages and where they are located on the 1901 and 1911 census returns ...I'll see if I can find anything

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline rosie55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 August 10 18:12 BST (UK) »
Hi still can,t find any info for marriages for Patrick Luke Kelly and Kate Gallagher 1890s or Bridget Annie Gallagher 1905.The only info I have is from the 1901 and 1911 census where he is living at Coolagraffy Rossinver  Sligo and is a farmer although he is not at the address on 1911 census he is still down as landlord . :)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 August 10 18:54 BST (UK) »
Here's a link to the census entries for reference. The location is the townland of Coolagraffy, and in the Rossinver East Electoral District.

Kelly family - 1911

Kelly family - 1901

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline rosie55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 August 10 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi I already have this info thanks what I am looking for is any info on Patrick from when he was born to in Galway and who his family where and where they came from and his life and his family after 1911 as I can,t seem to find anything about any of them not even my father John Luke Kelly dob 22/9/1902 I know he came to england in his  20s but didnt marry till he was in his 50s when he had my brother and me ,unless he had a family before that he never mentioned  ??? I am following up a lead now of a Patrick Luke Kelly who emmigrated to America in 1920 aged 58/59 who had daughters in Sligo dont know if Im on the right path or not but will keep looking  :) regards Rosie

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 August 10 20:26 BST (UK) »
With a common name like Patrick Kelly, you are going to need all the clues you can get to confirm possible baptisms matches in Galway. This is why I suggested the marriage cert as the first step. Based on his age on the 1901 census, Patrick was born c1860 - so parish records will be required, which makes the search much more difficult for you as a parish would need to be known to research records properly.

I know you had the census details - but I posted the details for reference of others, and to confirm I was looking at the right people.

Shane
My Surname Interests