Author Topic: Chandler family of New Brompton Gillingham  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Patannie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chandler family of New Brompton Gillingham
« on: Monday 26 July 10 10:53 BST (UK) »
I am researching the youngest son of my 2xgreatgrandparents Giles and Hannah Chandler who lived in Castle Cottage Richborough from 1830s-1880s The youngest son was John born circa 1845. He married an Elizabeth Crump in the Ilse of Wight in the 1872 era.   John was a shipwright and the family lived in Staffford St, New Brompton Gillingham Kent from 1881-1901. Elizabeth died   1909 era and John remarried in 1911.   John and Elizabeth had 3 children Frederick B born 1874, Alfred b 1876, and Gertude Faith born circa 1878.  I have looked through Cityark parish records for St Marks and Mary Magdalane  from 1872-1880 but cannot find any baptisms. Are there any descendants of this family out there. I would like to share information on this Chandler family.  I am descended from John's older brother Edward.
Chandler, Cullen, and Wall families of Woodnesborough, Sandwich, Ash Next Sandwich, Richborough and Ramsgate areas of Kent.

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chandler family of New Brompton Gillingham
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 July 10 14:37 BST (UK) »
You've looked on Cityark without any luck so they may have been non-conformists.  These records are not on cityark but are available at Medway archives at Strood.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline glennc25

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 September 12 20:32 BST (UK) »
I'm also a desendant of Giles and Hannah Chandler. I desended from Giles and Hannah Chandler their son Richard born 11 Jan 1823. There was 3 brothers of Edward's that came to the States between the period of 1850 to 1878. My 2nd gr-grandfather Richard, William came over about 1850, and Jacob coming over about 1878. Jacob left his family in England and his one son followed about 1883. Also through DNA I know that we are desendants of William Chandler born circa 1616 in Ash, Kent and Susan Hull. How I know this is that I match 37 out of 37 markers to a Chandler down in Australia who is a desendant of Stephen Chandler son of William Chandler and the brother of our John Chandler. Would be very happy to exchange information.

Offline Greg Wiechern

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 December 22 09:47 GMT (UK) »
I am also a Chandler descendant and have DNA matches with a number of Chandler descendants, including I believe a match through the Autosomal DNA test of my late uncle Richard Wiechern and a Glenn Chandler (possibly glennc25?)
Greg Wiechern
New Zealand

Offline Maid of Kent 11945

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 February 23 09:39 GMT (UK) »
I'm also a desendant of Giles and Hannah Chandler. I desended from Giles and Hannah Chandler their son Richard born 11 Jan 1823. There was 3 brothers of Edward's that came to the States between the period of 1850 to 1878. My 2nd gr-grandfather Richard, William came over about 1850, and Jacob coming over about 1878. Jacob left his family in England and his one son followed about 1883. Also through DNA I know that we are desendants of William Chandler born circa 1616 in Ash, Kent and Susan Hull. How I know this is that I match 37 out of 37 markers to a Chandler down in Australia who is a desendant of Stephen Chandler son of William Chandler and the brother of our John Chandler. Would be very happy to exchange information.