Author Topic: Corfu - baptism lookup  (Read 4370 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Corfu - baptism lookup
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 July 10 08:38 BST (UK) »
Whoops!!! Sorry I meant Northumberland not Northamptonshire!!  ::)

Yeah that is my lot, Edward Mensforth married Ellen Boardman in Liverpool and the family lived in this area in Lancashire and then Wednesbury/West Bromwich, Staffordshire until the kids pretty much all headed to Australia.

My problem is I can't find anything on Edward b abt 1816 in North Shields.....he is supposedly the son of John Mensforth, shipwright according to his marriage cert....but I can't find anything on him either  :-\

Been a brick wall for a while....but I got excited when I saw Thomas Ralph Mensforth son of John Mensforth in South Australia and marrying a Bailey....thought they may link in....but apparently not  :(

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline alissa88

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 October 14 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,

just came across you post, as my aunty Eileen Mensforth(2nd great great granddaughter of john mensforth) sent me 7 letters (she has re typed them) possibly the 7 letters you may of already viewed.. but in the last letter dated 1844 its states john mensforth is writing to his brother Thomas and mentions his other brother who married ellen! so yes I believe its all connected. happy to send you what I have if you are still interested let me know.

cheers

alissa

Offline alissa88

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 October 14 08:56 BST (UK) »
I believe from the letters I have Edward is also john's brother, not his son.

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 October 14 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Alissa!

How lovely to hear from a descendant of the elusive John Mensforth  ;D

I have not been able to access the letters, so I am very excited that you have copies. What gems. I will PM you my e-mail address so that you can e-mail me the details. I can't wait to read them!

How fabulous that there is a mention of my Edward Mensforth, who married Ellen Boardman. They married in 1839, so 5 years before the 1844 letter. This could be the connection I have been waiting for to knock down this brick wall!!

Thank you so much for contacting me  ;)

Jenny 
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill