Author Topic: Henry Edwards Inkley  (Read 8369 times)

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Edwards Inkley
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 February 11 12:19 GMT (UK) »
ab.......William was my G G Grandfather too...... who was your Grandfather,Edgar or Albert ?mine was William Richard the one son out of the 3(4 sons altogether 1 died young) that didn't go to Australia because he was serving in the navy when the family left for Australia and he still had years to serve.
We found ourselves here eventually in 1960 just took us a few years to get here.lol

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 February 11 22:39 GMT (UK) »
      Hi,    Well I can,t believe it. I  have spent heaps of time  searching for any clues of William      Richard,then he just pops up out of the blue. Thankyou so much for providing the info.

Did  he ever come to Australia?

Edgar Leslie was my Grandfather, but I never knew him. He died c1955 in Melbourne

Must rush off now, but hope to hear from you again  soon.  Regards, ab

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 February 11 23:06 GMT (UK) »
William Richard never got to Australia he died in Kennington Kent .I have some copies of birth certificates and the marriage certificates of Willam to Harriet Aylett (Henry's son),I was in touch for a couple of years with Stanley ,Henry's Great Grandson,he was doing the family tree in great detail unfortunately he died a few years ago as you would probably know ,l have your sides list from William b.1858 to 1989.Have you got the lists Stanley  produced?

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 February 11 10:25 GMT (UK) »
I knew Stanley Inkley had compiled  our "tree" ,but no I never corresponded with him before he died.  I was given some lists from a descendent of Henry Edward,s [1862],  so she may have got some of the details from him...I know she met him in Queensland.
I do have a copy of William and Harriet,s marriage cert. but it sounds as though you have a more extensive  list than I do, as I have not got a 1989 birth.
I have a couple of photo,s of William and Harriet when quite old. Do you have any photo,s at all?

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 19 February 11 11:11 GMT (UK) »
I have just found a marriage for William Edwards and Sarah Inkley on LDS

It says they married on 12 Feb 1831 at Thornham Kent

Wonder why The name Inkley was used instead of Edwards ??

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 19 February 11 11:18 GMT (UK) »
 How exciting pictures,no l haven't got any of William and Harriet.
When Stanley first started on the family tree he appealed for help and l responded he was at the stage of not even knowing if Edgar had any other brothers so it was right at the start of his quest.I was able to supply him with all the information l had which was a tree done by a professional researcher in 1989 in return for getting him started he sent me lots of little bits and pieces he was able to acquire.Its such a shame he died because he had resources to delve a lot deeper in the the family than l could and he was closing in on Sarah where everybody seems to have come to a full stop  I am sure he would have solved the puzzle.

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 19 February 11 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful you have something nobody else has a link to Sarah.That means she did marry.It works because Henry was born 1 month after the marriage.Did it give any more information?
Henry Edwards Inkley was passed down as a name for 3 generations what has also been passed down is the rumour in our family that the Edwards refers to a certain member of the aristocracy which in those days wouldn't have been so surprising since half our village had rumoured blue blood because all the local girls worked at the royal hunting lodge and most left their jobs rather quickly to get married but if Sarah married Mr Edwards there goes that rumour.What a shame it made the family tree a bit more exciting.lol

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 19 February 11 12:04 GMT (UK) »
The use of Inkley instead of Edwards is a strange one unless Henry wasn't William Edwards child.
I found an Inkley family tree on My heritage but it is wrong, its says that Edgars parents were William Inkley and Susanna Harriet Inkley(nee Tythcott).

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 20 February 11 03:56 GMT (UK) »
   We just might be getting somewhere with Sarah,s mystery.

I put a post up on "Kent Look ups"  and  received vey prompt replies
    They are so helpful

Anyway, you should have a look  and see what you think

I get so excited with new leads, I almost can,t think straight.