Author Topic: Henry Edwards Inkley  (Read 8365 times)

Offline bosdal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Edwards Inkley
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 21:37 GMT (UK) »
HI, Thanks for the clarification. I do think that your dates are correct and the ones I saw on the other Family Tree are not.  It is quite amazing to have two Henry Inkley's born within a few months of each other, within the same area.  Henry's father Robert Inkley (b.1826 in Hollingbourne Kent) had 2 marriages and 15 children. Robert did have a brother named Henry (b. about 1822).  Robert's father was also named Robert Inkley (b. about 1800) but I have come to a dead end and unable to find anything further.

Do you perhaps have any information that could link Henry and Robert together?
I am trying to take Robert Inkley (b.1800) back further and so if I can find a connection with siblings thought this might help me.

The Henry that came to Australia - did he have a family?
I live in Australia too.

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 22:28 GMT (UK) »
It is all very confusing,I agree.
I am still searching [and correcting] but no I have not been able to connect Henry and Robert as yet.
The Henry that came to Australia in1883  had at least one child with Fanny Jordan, Joseph Henry born 14/5/1890. in Melbourne. After Fanny  died  June 1890, he married Margaret Emily Stone on 2/12/1891. They had 8 children, all but one born in Sth.Australia.
 Henry had a brickyard in Nth.Brighton S.A.   
 Now to confuse you even more ,  Henry born 1861, had a brother William, born 1858 in Newhouse farm Eastling Kent. This William  married Harriet Aylett and had 4 children, the first one was Henry Edwards born 1885 and died aged 10 days on 29/12 1885.  William and Harriet were my GGGrandparents.
 I have just rumaged through some old papers ,although not real clear and I see a Robert Inkley bap.10 /1/1822 died Bonnington farm Goodnestone  20 Jan. 1892 aged 66 . Estate granted to second wife Sarah Ann. Says his father was  Robert John Inkley
  Will try to decipher thes papers  and let you know if I find anything .  ab

Offline bosdal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Were you able to decipher the papers that gave Robert Inkley as baptised on the 10/1/1822 and that he died at Bonnington Farm Goodnestone on 20 January 1892. This is definitely our ancestor as his 2nd wife was Sarah Ann Field. Could you please tell me where you got the information from? His father was Robert Inkley born we think about 1800 but perhaps he went by the name John.
Thanks so much!

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi    I got info from another ancestor of Henry,s here in S.A. apparently she got it from someone in Kent when she went there some time back.   The writing is of very old style.
Apart from info. above, it says Robert died aged 66 and estate of 73 pounds granted to Sarah Ann ,his widow.    Sarah was born 1832 and died 1914 aged 81 years. Her father given as Samuel Field, farm bailiff.
Robert and Sarah married 24 Feb. 1862 at Faversham Registry Office.
Their  children ....George Robert  1862-1863    and    Alfred Henry 1864-1865
It also gives Robert,s mother as Sarah Inkley, residing at Hollingbourne.

Happy to help if I can with any more information

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Just looking at this old paper it looks like  the children of Robert or John Inkley and Sarah are

Baptisms

Emily  17 Oct.1819

Robert 10 Nov. 1822

Keziah 10 Nov.1827

Henry Edwards 20 March 1831

Offline bosdal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Fantastic!  Thank-you so much for the information - this gives me another thread to try and research further.  Do you think you would be able to send me a scanned copy of the paper you have? email is jinkley@stg.net.au.  You have also given me two extra children to Robert and Sarah Ann Field - I did wonder why they waited 5 years before they had a child.

Is the Henry Edwards Inkley born in 1831 your relation?

I am so excited!
Thank-you, Thank-you

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 February 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
I am sure l replied to this thread but can't see it anywhere so l will put it up again.
Henry and Robert were brothers both sons of Sarah who resided at Hollingbourne(could be the workhouse) and is listed as a pauper and baptised illegitimately if this is with regard to her children of which she had 4 or herself l am not sure ..The information l have comes  from research done by a paid researcher in England about 20 years ago

Henry was my Great Great Grandfather on my mothers side

Offline pops1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 February 11 09:55 GMT (UK) »
More information ...on familysearch .org it has Henry Edwards Inkley marrying Ellen Amos and the grooms father is listed as William Edwards all of the other information like dates etc are all correct so the plot thickens.I am starting to think that our Sarah never married and its the children who were baptised illegitimately

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 February 11 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Tried sending a scanned copy via email, but I am having scanner problems and it just would not scan.I will get my son to have a look at it later as I am not very competant with these things.
 I did send an email , but it bounced back with message saying  your "mailbox quota exceeded."

Glad you found that info. useful.   Henry ,born 1831 is my G.G.Grandfather.  He had 2 sons with Mary Ann Wilcox, one of them William, my G.Grandfather.

I will try sendig another email in near future.