Author Topic: Greece: tracing family Papadopulo  (Read 7628 times)

Offline amalfimo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Greece: tracing family Papadopulo
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 10:15 BST (UK) »
I've looked for both the boys in the 1881 and 1891 censuses - so far with complete lack of success.

My apologies.

I should have said that I'd looked for them in the 1891 and 1901 censuses. I had seen

tthe 1881 entry, as I said in my reply #7 

Thank you, no need to apologise;  I'm so pleased with the information you have been able to find.
Tomorrow I'm leaving for Italy to visit my two sons and will be away for about 3 weeks. However, today the search continues and even while I'm  away I'll certainly be coming on to Roots and hope the search can go on.
Ciao for now,
Maureen Ross

Offline amalfimo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 15:35 BST (UK) »
I've looked for both the boys in the 1881 and 1891 censuses - so far with complete lack of success.

My apologies.

I should have said that I'd looked for them in the 1891 and 1901 censuses. I had seen

Oh dear - someone left me a message about Demetrius George Papadopulo trying to get naturalisation in New York - but I cannot find the message again -
Can whoever so kindly posted it to me please repeat??
Thank you - Maureen

tthe 1881 entry, as I said in my reply #7 

Thank you, no need to apologise;  I'm so pleased with the information you have been able to find.
Tomorrow I'm leaving for Italy to visit my two sons and will be away for about 3 weeks. However, today the search continues and even while I'm  away I'll certainly be coming on to Roots and hope the search can go on.
Ciao for now,
Maureen Ross

Offline amalfimo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello again, Maureen, Have you tried the freebmd site with the limitations, as I suggested? I think there are many of the family you seek in there with variant spellings......Please let me know if you try it...... ;D   Pat

Hi,
I'm amazed - since putting on my message less than an hour ago, I've had a number of replies - which you probably have seen - thus, no time yet.
However, I think I have seen the pages you mention - where there are the names of my grandfather - his wife -= brother - sister etc. etc.
Now I have to try to solve the mystery of the father of Victor and John (who appear to have gone to America, as I had thought very probable). 
He was either the brother of my grandfather or his uncle - born in Constantinople about 1836 - and that might be a harder nut to crack.
Delighted with these responses and your offer of help - so I will go back and do as you said just in case I find something else.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Maureen Ross

hi Pat,
perhaps you can help me again - please?
Someone left me a message about Demetrius George Papadopulo having applied for US naturalisation - but the message has disappeared.
Before I go away tomorrow, would so much like to get that information since hopefully it would tell me where he as born and his parents (father George, mother unknown).
Many thanks
Maureen

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi! "rosie99" posted that information, I believe....you should be able to see it on the thread that has developed.....sorry, it wasn't me!  Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline amalfimo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 15:53 BST (UK) »
And perhaps John visited him

John PAPADOPOULOS 
Sailed 3 September 1937 from Liverpool to New York   
Johns age given as 64 occupation engineer
Ships name  FRANCONIA

Rosie

Hi Rosie,
I have a little puzzle - was it you who sent me the message about Demetrius George Papadopulo trying to get naturalisation in New York?
Someone sent me the reference, but it seems to have disappeared from these messages and I cannot find it myself.
I'm off to Italy tomorrow and would love to do something before I go.
Thank you
Maureen

Offline amalfimo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi! "rosie99" posted that information, I believe....you should be able to see it on the thread that has developed.....sorry, it wasn't me!  Pat

Thanks for coming back to me - I have now sent the same question to Rosie 99 - and hope!
Maureen

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 16:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again, postings are on the thread so that all can see them...if you want to send a PM (personal message) to someone you can just click on their user name or the little green scroll...then, that message will only be between you and that person....You have gotten SO much wonderful information that maybe you are suffering from information overload!  ;D  That's a good affliction! Let us know if you have been able to read rosie99's posting.  Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline amalfimo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi again, postings are on the thread so that all can see them...if you want to send a PM (personal message) to someone you can just click on their user name or the little green scroll...then, that message will only be between you and that person....You have gotten SO much wonderful information that maybe you are suffering from information overload!  ;D  That's a good affliction! Let us know if you have been able to read rosie99's posting.  Pat

Well I might be - but this has been such a good experience - I have spent many months this year getting to this point.
I'm stuck on my great grandfather (Demetrius) so he is exceptionally important to me.
I purposely put messag eon the thread because I cannot remember who sent it to me - but it's certainly not visible any longer!
Maureen

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 15 October 09 13:43 BST (UK) »

Not guilty  ;D  I only posted the two sailing records both still on here.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk