Author Topic: Winter pedigree in heralds Visitations  (Read 1785 times)

Offline winterose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winter pedigree in heralds Visitations
« on: Tuesday 03 August 10 14:34 BST (UK) »
Winter: Admiral, Sir William Winter and the Huddington Winter family pedigree as shown in Robert Cooke, the Herald's Visitation.:
We have referred to several of these errors in the Golden Falcon site
I am about to finish a shorter version regarding all that my sister and I found since 1967. The first 'howler' is that Margaret Somery, the heiress daughter of Roger de Somery and Nicholea de Aubigny was married to the first mentioned 'Huddington' named Richard Cromelyn.See Sydney Grazebrook in 'Worcs. Armorials and the 'Complete Peerage. There is no doubt at all that she was in fact, married to Ralph Bassett of Drayton and then to Cromwell after which she took the veil. As to the Welsh connection and Gwyntour. This seems to be in the realms of fantasy'. The only connection we have found is in the Will of John Winter of Castle Mayett and refers to land he left to his children belonging to 2 Welshman whether these were in England or Wales is uncertain. Information in the Visitations must be taken with a huge pinch of salt so be warned. Any information re: to the Welsh connection will be gratefully recvd.