Author Topic: Dunnottar House  (Read 7986 times)

Offline eiddi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dunnottar House
« on: Tuesday 03 August 10 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hello am trying to contact anyone with information on Dunnottar House,
stonehaven....would love to hear from you.
Eiddi

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dunnottar House
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 15:29 BST (UK) »
Try alford Historic Society they have a lot of information and they help find people for family research.  They hold the discs of all the families in the area throughout the era's.
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 15:54 BST (UK) »
There's a thread on the Kincardineshire board all about Dunnottar House.  Thread is http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,327768.0.html

There are people in Stonehaven who might be able to help and there's the Aberdeen & North East Scotland Family History Society who may be able to assist you too.  Website for Stonehaven Heritage Society is www.stonehaven-heritage.org/ and ANESFHS is www.anesfhs.org.uk

I couldn't find anything about the Alford History Society.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 16:03 BST (UK) »
I found a link for this and placed it in the front of Scotlands General or beginners Sept 09
is it no longer there?

If not I will have to find the booklet the lady gave me in Alford the last time I was there and try and find their website address etc.

marcie
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 16:09 BST (UK) »
I found a link for this and placed it in the front of Scotlands General or beginners Sept 09
is it no longer there?

If not I will have to find the booklet the lady gave me in Alford the last time I was there and try and find their website address etc.

marcie
Is this the link?
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,409557.msg2768789.html#msg2768789
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 16:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks aghadowey
Brilliant.

marcie
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 19:50 BST (UK) »
Ah, I think I got confused - the Aberdeen & North East Scotland Family History Society (ANESFHS) have their shop and centre in Aberdeen, not Alford.  I thought you were referring to somewhere in Alford.

Offline eiddi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 11:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for your info, will see what I can find.
Eiddi

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 07 August 10 13:28 BST (UK) »
Ah, I think I got confused - the Aberdeen & North East Scotland Family History Society (ANESFHS) have their shop and centre in Aberdeen, not Alford.  I thought you were referring to somewhere in Alford.
Sorry, the lady was just there in Alford on the day we happened to be there too.
She runs the shop for them part time I think.  Very helpful

marcie
 searl rogers sutherland