Author Topic: New Monumental Inscriptions for Duns, Berwickshire  (Read 3855 times)

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
New Monumental Inscriptions for Duns, Berwickshire
« on: Tuesday 03 August 10 23:33 BST (UK) »
Just been reading the Borders Family History Society's blog and thought this may be of great use to many people researching in the Duns area:

http://blog.bordersfhs.org.uk/2010/07/new-monumental-inscriptions-for-duns.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BordersFamilyHistorySociety+(Borders+Family+History+Society)&utm_content=Google+UK

They actually have a lot more Berwickshire MI's and from personal experience I can highly recommend them! Oh and this CD (like many of their CD's) have photos of the gravestones.

Hope it’s of use to somebody.

Emma

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: New Monumental Inscriptions for Duns, Berwickshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 August 10 11:32 BST (UK) »
Having a couple of days out with the FHS transcribing and photographing Berwickshire stones this month.

Hoping for some good weather though  ;D

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 August 10 12:47 BST (UK) »
Oh excellent! I must say the publications are great, especially now with the photos, it’s a great work you are doing! It’s amazing how often we use the books so thank you for all your hard work.

Emma

P.S. Here’s the link to the Monumental Inscriptions sales list for anybody who needs it: - http://www.bordersfhs.org.uk/BFHSMIAllVolumes.asp

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 August 10 18:06 BST (UK) »
Got to hold my hands up and say i didn't make it for the transcribing event....i managed to double book myself with another volunteering role i do!!!!! 

Hopefully i should make it to the next one.