Author Topic: 'Harley' family of Sileby  (Read 6725 times)

Offline wisteria16

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 'Harley' family of Sileby
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 August 10 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Diddy,
     Many thanks for your e.mail - information you have given me will be a big help, thanks for sparing the time to look for me.  Mike has said that the parish records for Sileby are almost impossible to read  as they have been damaged for the period prior to 1700. Do you think that  Bishops Transcripts might be a good idea?  Best wishes.

wisteria16

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 August 10 18:55 BST (UK) »
i didn't look at the original records -only the transcriptions but it could be significant that the vols of transcriptions start at vol 11: 1683 -1714 rather than vol 1. i will check the originals next time. don't know anything about BT's for Leics. from Leics villages site for sileby:

C 1568 - 1656; 1683 - 1968
M 1568 - 1656; 1683 - 2000 (1993)
B 1568 - 1654; 1683 - 1986
BTs 1563 - 1835 with gaps
Transcripts
M 1568 - 1837, Phillimore, Vol. Vlll, p. 53 - 96
CMB 1563 - 1682, A.B.Clarke
CMB 1683 - 1714, A.B.Clarke
C 1563 - 1714, IGI

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline wisteria16

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 August 10 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Diddy,
    I have investigated who holds the Bishops Transcripts for Sileby & it appears that they are held at the Records office for Leicestershire.  If your search for James Harley's baptism circa 1700 is not possible  (if the records can't be read) I think the only other way is  for me to look at the B.T's if they are complete.  Not without you can advise differently.  In the mean time I'll write up my records with the information you have kindly found for me. Again many thanks.
wisteria16

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 August 10 09:10 BST (UK) »
as siad - i will check the originals but did check those dates in the transcripts. Mike goes to the Leics records office.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline wisteria16

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Diddy,
     Last Saturday I was scrolling through who was looking for who in Leicestershire and saw your link to Wymeswold registers.  It's a great web site  and has given me lots of information on several branches of my family.  Many thanks again.
wisteria16 :D :D