Author Topic: Look Up Marriage record - Smith/Moylan Drogheda  (Read 2954 times)

Offline julieom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look Up Marriage record - Smith/Moylan Drogheda
« on: Thursday 05 August 10 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for the marriage record of Philomena Josephine Mary Smith of 20 Stockwell Lane, Drogheda to Patrick Moylan.  The wedding probably took place in St Peter RC church Drogheda in 1922 or possibly as early as 1921.  I am interested in both the date of the wedding but mainly the name of Patrick Moylan's father.

I am also trying to trace the birth record of Thomas Patrick Moylan in November 1924 as we think he was born to them in drogheda but we are not sure.

Any help would be very much appreciated..

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Marriage record - Smith/Moylan Drogheda
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 August 10 10:10 BST (UK) »
Civil registration index is online (free) but you need to order the certificates to get details. I've looked up both events-
Philomena Smith marriage Oct./Dec.1922 Drogheda registration district volume 2 page 210 (Patrick Moylan- same details).
To get full details such as date, father's name, etc. you need to order the certificate.
Thomas Patrick Moylan birth Oct./Dec.1924 Drogheda registration district volume 2 page 209.
Details of living people are not allowed to be posted here but this information is in the index. The certificate will give exact place of birth.

See here to order certificates-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,433040.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline julieom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Marriage record - Smith/Moylan Drogheda
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 August 10 10:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for that information.  That is really helpful