Author Topic: Beehive Yard, Chesterfield?  (Read 4682 times)

Offline albarratt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beehive Yard, Chesterfield?
« on: Friday 06 August 10 18:00 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any information regarding Beehive Yard Chesterfield or
John/Hannah Barratt. John my great grandfather was born in kettley shropshire abt 1859 then moved to ettingshall staffordshire abt 1890 2 children 1891 census john w and elliotte , john w died january 1892 found dead in canal open verdict buried with his brother ernest who died aged 5yrs crushed by falling timbers when his   father was unloading a canal barge 6th august 1889 both children buried darkhouse chapel deepfields they must then have moved to derbyshire ,  21 beehive yard  chesterfield John Barratt died there in 1915 . 1901 census 4 children listed ellis assume this was elliotte in 1891 census with may  aged 10 my grandfather willie aged 8 and john aged 6yrs i remember aunt may and my grandfather but never met ellis or john any information about them or their families.

Offline danuslave

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My fashion sense isn't any better now!
    • View Profile
Re: Beehive Yard, Chesterfield?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 August 10 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Al & welcome to RootsChat

To avoid duplcation of effort can you tell us what you already know and what you are trying to find out   :D

Linda
MOXHAM/MOXAM - Wiltshire & Surrey
SKEATS - Surrey
BRETT - Kent & County Durham
and
SWINBANK - anywhere

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Grangewud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 May 12 16:03 BST (UK) »
It seems to be on Google map as Beehive Rd and is off Old Rd, Brampton.
Grangewud.

Offline NewRhi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 20:49 BST (UK) »
I am interested in Beehive yard too as have ancestors who were born there.  Beehive Rd is still there, it is a street of terraced houses(to me they look approx 1900's ish, but I'm no expert).  I am not sure if I'm correct but I think the yard was a different place as I have seen photos on picturethepast.org.uk which show cottages from Beehive Yard in 1939 and the description says'before they were demolished'.  To see the photos just put'beehive yard' into the search box on the picture the past website.  There are also some photos of beehive type kilns, which the yard/street were probably named after.
There is a fair amount of greenspace in the area now-could that have been where the cottages were?
It's one of the things I've been meaning to clarify but haven't got round to yet.  Please let me know if you get any further!
Chesterfield(especially Holymoorside, Old Brampton, New Brampton and Whittington)
HOWE, FURNISS,FURNESS,LOWE, LOWDE
FERGUSSON
JACKSON