Author Topic: Antcliffs and Laneham  (Read 1482 times)

Offline delphinium44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Antcliffs and Laneham
« on: Friday 06 August 10 19:57 BST (UK) »
Larkspur  - Antcliffs in Laneham, East Markham, Kneesall and Bathley - sounds familiar!
Are you by any chance researching the offspring of John Antcliff who married Martha Taylor in Laneham on 6th July 1749?

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Antcliffs and Laneham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 August 10 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi

My Ancliffe's are from East Markham if thats any good to you.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 August 10 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, John A and Martha were my 5x gt grandparents. I have the family in Bathley, Muskham, Newark, Kneesall, Laneham , Caunton and East Markham.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline delphinium44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 August 10 16:39 BST (UK) »
John and Martha were my 4 times great grandparents! My line goes down through George and Mary, John and Hannah. How about you?

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 August 10 16:50 BST (UK) »
Mine goes down George and Mary then William and Mary.Do you have the very sad report of Johns death and Hannahs fate thereafter
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 August 10 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi

My Ancliffe's are from East Markham if thats any good to you.

Carol
We are already in touch via private mail.....

Offline delphinium44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 August 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
Yes we do. Indeed we are planning to take our grandchildren to the Workhouse to show them where Hannah and the children went.
We have done a lot of research on John and Hannah and their children and would be happy to share this with you if it is of interest.
Where we have drawn a blank is the birth and parentage of John who married Martha in Laneham. Have you had any more success here?
We would be interested to know about John's brother William from whom you are descended.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 August 10 17:20 BST (UK) »
My children and I have been to the workhouse many times , be prepared for a suprise(shock)In the entrance hall- where the inmates were sorted ,men women children-there are sillouetes of the Ancliff family with their dates....You must go, it is an amazing place, set the scene with the children as you take the long walk up from the carpark.
John A was born 1726 Laneham his parents were John Ancliff b 1691 Laneham died 1757 Laneham and he married 11 Nov 1713, Sutton cum Lound to Elizabeth Thompson b1693 E Retford.
John born  1691 was the son of John Ancliff 1660 Laneham died 1711 Laneham and he married 14 Sept 1682 in Laneham to Elizabeth Green 1660-1669. I have sent you a private mail if you want to get in touch.