Author Topic: campbell family  (Read 3313 times)

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
campbell family
« on: Sunday 08 August 10 23:09 BST (UK) »
hi i am trying to trace my father family for my tree i don't have much to go on ....my father was .. Thomas Campbell d.o.b. 20Th September 1911  father name was William  i can only remember   they live next door to the catholic church in mell  in the 1950  his sister may married to John Campbell... his other sister may have been called olive  was   married to a fireman  can any one help thank you
kearsley/baker/hayward /campbell/row/woor/dutch/Daley

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: campbell family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 August 10 23:43 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Kathleen. This isn't a forum for tracing living relative and we aren't allowed to post details of relatives who might still be alive.
However, we might still be able to help you find some information or suggest where to look next.

Your father's birth certificate should list the names of both parents. Your grandparents should be in 1911 census (and 1911) but unfortunately your father was born after 1911 census was taken so he won't be listed there.
There are 19 Thomas Campbells in Co. Louth in 1911 - some of these will be children and young adults and can be ruled out.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

I checked the civil registration index and youngest Olive Campbell born in Co. Louth I could find was born in 1924.
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: campbell family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 August 10 08:50 BST (UK) »
thank you none of them are still living and i don't have my father birth certificate olive passed so did may (Mavis ) i check the link you given me thank you for your help Kathy
kearsley/baker/hayward /campbell/row/woor/dutch/Daley