Author Topic: Capt Ralph R Shorto,RN  (Read 9982 times)

Offline DLC1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Capt Ralph R Shorto,RN
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 September 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Henry Ralph Shorto's parents were Henry Shorto 1846-1913 and Jane Mackay 1846-1894. Let me know if other info is needed. Are we related?
Shorto, Seymour, Clark, Lucha

Offline RnD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My apologies for taking sooooo long to reply, we too are a navy family have been organizing, his next posting and the move.
At this point it looks like we may be cousins. I have nothing concrete yet.
I have a fair bit on Capt. Ralph Shorto, RN, and only a bit about his personal life. If you would like this info, please send me an email
and I will be more than happy to share it.
Cheers from Australia,
Diane

*Moderator comment: e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat practice to prevent spamming and other abuse.  Please use the personal message (PM) systems to exchange  contact details.  Thank you  :)

Offline fraguy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Henry Ralph Trenchard Shorto was my great-uncle, the brother of my grand-mother, Maud Shorto, who died in Vancouver, Canada in 1949. She emigrated to Canada in 1913 and married Alex Seymour in Alberta. She had two daughters, Margaret and Dorothy Seymour. I was aware members of the Shorto family moved to Brazil but had no details as to what happened to that side of the family. I had been told that Capt Ralph Shorto had served on HMS Rodney during World War II.

Wilfrid Russell Shorto 1910-1958 &1938 Margaret Lilian Rae
1. Denise Shorto 1942- &1967 Heinrich, baron Thyssen-Bornemisza 1921-2002
1.1. Alexander, baron Thyssen-Bornemisza 1974-
2. Roberto Shorto & Dido Goldsmith ca 1955-
2.1. Maxime Shorto 1977-
3. Charlene Shorto & Antoine de Ganay 1964- & Carlos de Souza
3.1. Sean de Souza
3.2. Anthony de Souza

Offline bellashorto

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 February 12 20:26 GMT (UK) »
I know that this is an old post, but I've just come accross it while looking for some information about my family.  Ralph Russell Shorto was my Grandfather.  I never met him, but would love to know more about him if anyone can help me.  I know quite a bit about the family now, but would love to know more.  :)

Offline DLC1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 February 12 01:36 GMT (UK) »
I was very glad to read your message. Ralph Shorto was my cousin once removed. His father was my grandmother's brother. She was Maud Shorto and she emigrated to Canada in 1913 to marry my grandfather, Alexander Seymour. They lived in Alberta and had two daughters, one being my mother. Maude died in Vancouver in 1949. I remember when I was growing up my mother would tell me stories of her relatives in Brazil! I regret I never met them. If I can answer any questions I would be more than happy to.

Regards

David Clark
Kamloops, Canada

Offline Consumay

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 18:25 GMT (UK) »
I realise that your last post is two years old, but I am intrigued about your relationship with my uncle Ralph Shorto. I am the daughter of his sister Constance with whom he was very close. He came to Dartmouth to visit. I would be delighted to hear from any Shorto cousins.
Constance Edwards

Offline DLC1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 21:11 GMT (UK) »
I'm very glad to hear from you. My mother always use to tell me about her cousins in South America. As you can see from my previous posts, my grandmother, Maude Shorto, came to Canada in 1913 to marry my grandfather. She lived in Drumheller, Alberta and moved to Vancouver in the 1920's. Her other grandchildren are currently living in Glasgow and Arran. Their mother was also Maude's daughter. I'm not sure to what degree, but seems we are cousins!