Author Topic: Lamberton Toll marriages  (Read 3910 times)

Offline amersidelaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lamberton Toll marriages
« on: Monday 09 August 10 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
Does anyone have access (or know where to get access) to Lamberton Toll marriages 1850, Looking for Benjamin Clark and Ellen Clark (cousins) married 1850
Barrs, Craig, Johnson, Woodcock, Clark, Appleby, McConnell, Duns.  Northumberland, Roxburghshire, Leicestershire

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lamberton Toll marriages
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 August 10 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,

On the GRO website there is a very helpful list of Border/runaway marriage records and where they are held. Here’s the link:

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files1/family-records/irregular-border-and-scottish-runaway-marriages.pdf

There appears to be more than one source, held in different record offices. As far as I know there is no publication (in fact if anybody knows of a published volume please et me know I would love to buy a copy). If you contacted each office they may be able to tell you where you can find a published copy or let you know if there a are any relevant entries. The Berwick office checked one for me once when I phoned, very good of them although there was no entry. They may be able to look for you as well.

Emma

Offline jora

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 August 10 15:19 BST (UK) »
From the Berwick Advertiser of 18 May 1850

At Lamberton Toll on the 14th inst. Benjamin Clark of Newstead to Eleanor Clark of Rosebrough.

Taken from Irregular Border Marriages Volume 2 published by Northumberland County Archives Service & Northumberland & Durham Family History Society.

Offline amersidelaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 August 10 18:38 BST (UK) »
Many thanks that's sorted a bit of the family mystery out I couldn't find their marriage in any of the normal records.
Barrs, Craig, Johnson, Woodcock, Clark, Appleby, McConnell, Duns.  Northumberland, Roxburghshire, Leicestershire