Author Topic: NICHOLAS - st.Erth  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Jessiedavies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
NICHOLAS - st.Erth
« on: Tuesday 10 August 10 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have just started my research into the NICHOLAS family in St.Erth, i was wondering if anyone had any information on anyone with the surname NICHOLAS in st.Erth. Any info, however little it may be would be appreciated.
x

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: NICHOLAS - st.Erth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 August 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Do you have any first names or dates, 10000 + hits.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Jessiedavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 August 10 23:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply. I will get back to you on those names and dates, but i have noticed that you seem to be researching/related to a Jenkins family from Glamorganshire. I was wondering if you have come across a Jennet Jenkins from the late 1800's or the Early 1900's?? Jess

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 August 10 08:00 BST (UK) »
Again you need to give more details for the Jennet JENKINS there are over 6000 hits for that name, do you know place of birth, parents names or any children. Failing that do do know where they lived at certain periods this will all help in pinpointing your relatives.

You may wish to follow read the link in Beginners section on Getting started, there is some valuable information there that will set you up to get positive results.

(I have tried to post the link but Rootschat wont let me for some unexplained reason.)
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Blanche

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 September 10 07:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have just started my research into the NICHOLAS family in St.Erth, i was wondering if anyone had any information on anyone with the surname NICHOLAS in st.Erth. Any info, however little it may be would be appreciated.
x
Have you contacted the Online Parish Clerk [OPC] for St Erth,
http://www.cornwall-opc.org/Par_new/e_g/erth_st.php
or searched the OPC database?
http://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/

For transcripts of parish records and census returns, Cornwall has arguably the best coverage of any county in the UK and Ireland - not to mention GENUKI site: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/Cornwall/#common

Try them - that's what they're there for  ;)
NORTON, Burton Trent STS/Sth DBY; BAXTER, Stapenhill DBY; SHEAVYN, Ticknall DBY; ASHMOLE, Willington DBY; WHITE, Ticknall DBY/Belton LEI; GREGORY, Stanton Bridge DBY; SIDDONS, West Brom STS; RICHARDS, Towyn WLS; WOOD, Wetton, STS/Ashton L LAN; CORDEN, Ipstones/Uttoxeter STS; ROLLASON, Oldbury WOR; ASTON, West Brom STS; CON St Agnes: HOATTEN, EADE, PAULL; CON Roche: WOON; CHARLES, Llanbadog MON; TAYLOR, Almeley HEF; MORRIS, Whitechurch/Mynachlogddhu PEM; GRIFFITHS, Eglwyswrw PEM;

Offline Tammy Kirk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 March 23 19:36 BST (UK) »
I lived in St Erth in the 70s around 76-81 maybe and had a friend Louise Nicholas - she had a sister Michaela and a brother whose name I don’t remember perhaps George. I went back to St Erth in the 90s and Louise still lived there.