Author Topic: Fremantle - 240 South Terrace (photo)  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Tracey Joy Kelly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Great Grandmother Ellen Jane Wheatley
    • View Profile
Re: Fremantle - 240 South Terrace (photo)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 September 10 14:29 BST (UK) »
Dazey

I live  in near midland. If you would like i can go to land care and make enquires on ur behalf if u need some questions answered. 

just yell if u need the help

Tracey

Barham/Burram, Brimson, Parkin, Thomas, Underwood, Waldock, Ward, Wheatley,
I am currently researching these names, if you have any information or think you may be linked, please email me I would love to hear from you!

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 September 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Tracey

Wow - that's a really generous offer, thank you very much indeed!  I wouldn't want you to waste any time on it as I'm not 100% certain of the facts - other than my great aunt Gwen's photo album notes this one as 'the little house where I was born' and yet the reverse, which I have now been sent by my uncle, has a message written by someone called Colin (a boyfriend perhaps) dated 1923, saying...This is where I do live, Gwen, River View, East Fremantle.   So..if/when you have reason to visit land care (as I really wouldn't want you to make a special trip) if you could perhaps check 1923 and 1906 (when Gwen was born) I'd be very grateful indeed.  If there's anything I can do for you in return with UK research, do please let me know.  Thanks again - I'm really grateful,  Dazey

Offline Tracey Joy Kelly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Great Grandmother Ellen Jane Wheatley
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 September 10 17:25 BST (UK) »
Dazey i will ring them monday morning, i have found that if they have to look for details that u have to pay for them. but i will do what i can :) perhaps they can give me some information over the phone at least :)
i dont mind going into midland.. it will give my girls a day out (a 3 year old and 2 year old)  its a nice time of the year so they will love it.

have a great day Dazey will get back to u when i can

Tracey
Barham/Burram, Brimson, Parkin, Thomas, Underwood, Waldock, Ward, Wheatley,
I am currently researching these names, if you have any information or think you may be linked, please email me I would love to hear from you!

Offline CaptainAwesomepants

• RootsChat Extra
  • Seeking Oechsle, Exley (German)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 July 19 08:14 BST (UK) »
Hey Dazey!  I know this thread is a brazilian old, so forgive me for using it to contact you.

That house is indeed now 10 Bolton in East Fremantle.  My wife's great-grandfather, Edward Ronald Pickett lived there.  We checked Google Maps and the street view is actually the side of the house from the pic, so the address moved to the North side of the house from where it was.  That tower is very distinctive, so that helped.

Are you able to contact me through my profile on here?  Would love to catch up and see how you and Wifeage are related!

Cheers!
Oechsle=>Exley (Wurtemburg, Germany), Lane (Baron of Hampton), Pickett (Western Australia), Alder (South Africa/Australia)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 July 19 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Captain (great name!) and welcome to RootsChat :)

Dazey has logged in recently and should get an email notification of your post.  You will be able to use the PM system when you've made a couple more posts, so just reply twice saying 'Thanks' or 'Cheers' or anything.

It's a surprisingly small world, and we often see dormant threads like this one brought back to life by a new member.

All the best,
Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline CaptainAwesomepants

• RootsChat Extra
  • Seeking Oechsle, Exley (German)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 July 19 09:45 BST (UK) »
Very cool, thanks heaps for that!
Oechsle=>Exley (Wurtemburg, Germany), Lane (Baron of Hampton), Pickett (Western Australia), Alder (South Africa/Australia)

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 July 19 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Captain - great to hear from you!  Edward Ronald Pickett was my grandma’s younger brother.  She was Vivian Mercia Pickett and their parents were Edward Pickett and Alice Eliza Madeline (nee Fitzgerald).   Ive got quite a few photos that might be of interest if you’d like to send me your email address by personal message.  Best Wishes.