Author Topic: Info on Edith Gibbs (marries Ernest William Bowder in 1920)  (Read 708 times)

Offline alicat74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Info on Edith Gibbs (marries Ernest William Bowder in 1920)
« on: Wednesday 11 August 10 00:42 BST (UK) »
They are my great-grandparents and I'm searching for additional information on Edith Gibbs.   According to Ancestry, Edith Gibbs married Ernest William Bowder in Jul-Aug-Sep 1920 in Leek.  Yet I can't seem to find her in the 1911 or 1901 Census.  My grandfather was born in Buxton, but I don't know when they moved to Derbyshire - I posted this to the Staffordshire forum too, forgive me for posting it here too.

I took some notes years ago based upon a conversation with my grandfather.  He said that Edith was born on 1 January 1896 and passed on 27 October 1977.  Additionally, her  parents were Joseph Gibbs and Harriet Thompson.  I'm trying desperately to confirm this info.

Any assistance or advice would be very much appreciated!

Ali

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Info on Edith Gibbs (marries Ernest William Bowder in 1920)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 01:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

This is a duplicate of your post on the Staffordshire board to which I have replied

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,474444.msg3339222.html#msg3339222

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)