Author Topic: Childrens Homes 1948  (Read 8004 times)

Offline Sheilcrm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Childrens Homes 1948
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 February 20 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you so much for your replies.
Yes kirsty, the Kathleen you mention is my sister. I have copies of both her birth and death certificates.
I was just hoping to find someone who knew her, maybe get some insight to her life.
I know she lived in St John's cottage in Montrose when she passed.
I feel so bad, we (her 8 sibling's) didn't know of each other until last year. I really believe life could have been different for her had she know she had brother's and sisters so near by. 
We all had the same social worker, a Miss Cuthbert.  Miss Cuthbert signed Kathleen death certificate.  None of us were ever reunited, even though 3 of my siblings were all living in St Olafs at the same time.
Fife social work department have given the family very little information in regards to Kathleen's life.  They couldnt even tell us what they did with her remains. 
Thank you again
sheila

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 February 20 21:01 GMT (UK) »
I am so sorry Sheila what you have told us is very heartbreaking indeed.

One observation if you don't mind about what happened to Kathleen's remains. I think it highly unlikely they would have brought her back to Fife for burial/cremation. She was living in the County of Angus when she passed away so it may be worth contacting them to see if they have a record of what happened to her body.

Good luck,

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 February 20 22:30 GMT (UK) »
One observation if you don't mind about what happened to Kathleen's remains. I think it highly unlikely they would have brought her back to Fife for burial/cremation. She was living in the County of Angus when she passed away so it may be worth contacting them to see if they have a record of what happened to her body.
Angus burial records are at Deceased Online, and if you contact them they will refer you there, so you might as well go direct. http://www.deceasedonline.com
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.