Author Topic: Anders Lindström & Johanna Lindquist (Sweden)  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Talie

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Anders Lindström & Johanna Lindquist (Sweden)
« on: Wednesday 11 August 10 22:52 BST (UK) »
Evening  ;D
I'm back to my ever complicated swedish family. I started a topic before but It got a little messy and i've since found new information and I was wondering if anyone could help me seek out a little more info on this family. In particular i'm looking for a marriage which I just can't find!! I'll write down all the info I know on this family  ;D

Anders Gustav (or Gustaf) Lindström b. 08 Sep 1827 åkersbruk (translated to be arable land, I guess that means a farm, could be anywhere!) married (Below) unknown date, I assume if they married at all it would of been between 1845 to 1853. Anders was a Sjöman (sailor)
Johanna Lindquist b. 12 Dec 1831 Kullersta, Sweden.

Their children were

Gustaf Hjalmar b. 13 Dec 1853 Tveta
Carl Rudolf b. 18 Jan 1856 Norrköping
Oskaria Amalia (or Amalia Oskaria) b. 19 Mar 1859 Norrköping
Alma Kristina b. 07 Nov 1861 Norrköping
Oskar Herman b. 12 Apr 1864 Norrköping
Elin Maria b. 28 Feb 1868 Norrköping
Johanna Catharina b. 04 Feb 1871 Stockholm

I found that info on the 1869-1876 Census (Got 'em emailed to me from the Stockholm archives  ;D), it also stated on the 1869 that Johanna's maiden name was Lindquist (and it's been found on Gustaf Hjalmars baptism)

If anyone could please help me get abit more info on Anders Gustav Lindstrom and Johanna Lindquist i'd really appreciate it! Many hours, days, weeks I have searched for any leads on them to to get a generation back, but I ain't geting no where!  ???
Lindstrom, Spall, Foot, Messenger, Cutts, Farey, Roberts, Nicholls, Bannister, Oakenfull, Whayman, Harvey, Woodfield, Collins, West Ham, Sweden, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Mile End, Essex, Epping, Bethnal Green

Offline kaysii

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anders Lindström & Johanna Lindquist (Sweden)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 August 10 09:15 BST (UK) »
I have not used this site  and you have to register to use it, but it is offering free access to their digital archives this weekend 27-29 August. I don't know which records have been digitised. I guess you will need to start at Johanne's birth place and the birth of their first child and see if they have the relevant parish records.

www.arkivdigital.net

Best wishes
Kaysii

Offline Talie

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 December 10 17:56 GMT (UK) »
New information found ! - Wondering if anyone could give me a hand!

I've recently found the possible marriage of Anders & Johanna (Finally!!)

The marriage was between Anders Gustaf Lindstrom & Johanna Johansdr on the 27 Sep 1863 at Maria Forsamling, Stockholm, Sweden. I'm not sure where Anders & Johanna were in 1863, however I know that in 1869 they were living at 'Tjärhovsgatan' I've checked that against google maps and according to the maps Tjärhovsgatan is only 1.3km away from Maria Forsamling, So it could have a good possibility of being them!

However the record is really lacking in information, all it has is the bride and grooms names, date of marriage and location.. So I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand finding any other info on this pair :P I've been searching for Johanna again with the surname Johandotter, Johandr, Johanson, Lindquist.. still haven't had no luck!
Lindstrom, Spall, Foot, Messenger, Cutts, Farey, Roberts, Nicholls, Bannister, Oakenfull, Whayman, Harvey, Woodfield, Collins, West Ham, Sweden, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Mile End, Essex, Epping, Bethnal Green

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 February 14 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I had a wee look in the books and found this record attached to your marriage record:

Anders Gustaf Lindström was born in Hölö on 17 Nov 1832.
He was living on Paulsynh. 11 in Stockholm on 4 Aug 1863.

Johanna Johansdotter was born in Asarum on 27 July 1833.
She was living on Homsysntan 31 in Stockholm on 4 Aug 1863.
Her father's name was Daniel Johansson.

The street names are hard to decipher.

Ian