Author Topic: messages  (Read 2137 times)

Offline janeyanne

• RootsChat Member
  • dont put off til tomorrow what you can do today
    • View Profile
« on: Thursday 12 August 10 09:49 BST (UK) »
 hello i am puzzled as to why my   messages always show only 8 and yet i have posted and received quite a lot more ? been meaning to ask  but don't want to look like a dunce  :-[    ::) what am i doing wrong please ?
brigham mcclarren wilson turnbull holborn burns keenan sheridan                                                           areas  Hull , Sproatley ,Withernsea,Gateshead,Middlesex,Southcave

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: messages
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 August 10 09:53 BST (UK) »
You have 99 posts to your credit.  Are you looking at the number of personal messages you have received?
Andrea

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 August 10 10:08 BST (UK) »
Ah,  it's one of those 'show most recent on top' problems, I bet ~

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,233296.msg1252387.html#msg1252387

or you're good and delete them regularly  :)

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline janeyanne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: messages completed thanks andrea and gadget
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 August 10 14:37 BST (UK) »
 no gadget fraid not i am not in the least  tecnicaly  minded  and forget my own phone no ( who  calls themselves? ?) it is the most recent i was talking about but saying that Andrea how did you know it is 99 posts ?? ??? .No don't answer that it is enough to know you both understand how rootschat works . One day i will go to that pc class i keep promising  to attend .Thank you both for your trouble can't believe the swift response you both have . cheers janey anne  :)
brigham mcclarren wilson turnbull holborn burns keenan sheridan                                                           areas  Hull , Sproatley ,Withernsea,Gateshead,Middlesex,Southcave

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 August 10 15:13 BST (UK) »
It is now 101 posts.  Written under your username at the left of your posts.
Andrea

Offline g a r

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 August 10 17:25 BST (UK) »
 :)
you're not doing anything wrong

below are two images.
the first shows how many personal messages you have received (they are private correspondence between you and the other party)
the second shows how many posts you have made (these are public. the queries and response that we all make in the course of our research)

Offline janeyanne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: messages completed thanks gar and silgen
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 August 10 22:15 BST (UK) »
do you know gar this just goes to show i am not paying attention  i have never even spotted the posts under my name    :-[  ::)  duh                  And silgen thank you  again you must get fed up of  the silly  questions you reply to if they are all as daft as me   ::) big D on my hat 

Offline g a r

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 13 August 10 04:37 BST (UK) »
not at all. we all had to start out from square one  ;)