Author Topic: Vital records New York  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Vital records New York
« Reply #27 on: Friday 20 August 10 13:46 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find Charlie/Charles on a census.

Maggbill, maybe the 1920 John could be found on an earlier census, which may give more clues?
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 20 August 10 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Sorry - I don't follow what you mean
"Have you tries the e-mail links in the earlier reply, someone else is getting a response from them."   I am not sure what you mean.... mind you when it proves to be such a hard one to follow through with, I sometimes feel like I am going around in circles... LOL....    But there again, that is what "Rootschat friends" are for... to keep us on the straight and narrow !!

McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 20 August 10 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Maggs,

That looks a better, safer option which shellyesq has put on for you.

I have just received this information which came from the Ask A Librarian section New York Public Library and wondered if it could help you at all (it was sent to someone I was trying to help out) :-

The best location in The New York Public Library for historical and genealogical research is the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building Irma and Paul Milstein Division of United States History, Local History and Genealogy (http://www.nypl.org/locations/schwarzman/milstein-division-us-history-local-history-genealogy), 476 5th Ave. and 42nd St., Rm. 121.

Contact information, including e-mail address, for the Genealogy Division is as follows:

First Floor, Room 121
Phone: (212) 930-0828
E-mail: histref@nypl.org

Regards
Sandra

Hi Maggs,

It was the histref@nypl.org link I mean't to see if they could give you any information off the birth certificate for Jane.

The passenger list I mentionned with a Jane of the wrong age also has a John Barron - infant listed  ???
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 20 August 10 13:57 BST (UK) »
Infant John Barron is travelling on the State of Florida and also a Jane (aged 26years)

http://castlegarden.org/quick_search_detail.php?p_id=6121121

http://castlegarden.org/quick_search_detail.php?p_id=6121120
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 20 August 10 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

On 1910 census, I have found two John Barron(s)..

First one, in Newport Rhode Island, John, age 28, born Scotland (also parents) Wife Ella (born in New Jersey), Working as Gardener, but arrival year in US seems to be 1902.
Second one John A. Barron age 33, In St. Louis Minnesota, working as a typesetter, born Scotland - but arrival year again, not right - 1886...

Neither of them seem right....
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 August 10 14:13 BST (UK) »
Great work Sandra...

Hmmmm.... The Ances.com ..... transcription has Jane Barron listed as age 2 (!!!!), - but it certainly seems to be our Jane - and the "infant" name looks like "Jno"..... but this looks good! 

Wow, I am quite overwhelmed by the support of everyone - loads of input and help..... Thanks a million - one and all!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 August 10 14:18 BST (UK) »
Sandra
 :o
 ;D
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 August 10 15:00 BST (UK) »
You mentioned Thomas' father-in-law referred to him as Patrick.  Perhaps his name was Patrick Thomas or Thomas Patrick.  Maybe he might be found on census records as Patrick?

I cannot find Charles or John on the WWI U.S. draft cards.  :-\  Could the family have gone back to the UK?

Sorry, I have to get ready for work now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 20 August 10 15:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lisa. Have a great day  ;)

I would imagine there may be other children as well that are'nt showing - we have 1880 John and 1882 Charlie, then 1891 for Jane.

Also missing is the passenger list for Thomas Barron.  Just drawing blanks again  ???