Author Topic: newport dock death  (Read 2165 times)

Offline s.r.

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
newport dock death
« on: Monday 16 August 10 21:22 BST (UK) »
hi all
           I am hoping that some one may be able to help me with infomation on a death in alexandra docks newport wales.michael driscoll died on 6th september 1940,he fell on a ships gang plank., so i have been told.I would like to find the newspaper story and inquest of this person. I have tried looking on line with no luck.I would very much appreciate it if there is a kind person who can find me this infomation please.

s.r.

Offline denben

• RootsChat Member
  • Can't stop until I know everything!
    • View Profile
Re: newport dock death
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 August 10 09:40 BST (UK) »
I found this info in the archives of 'The South Wales Argus'.  Shall I send it by private message?
Researching BENNETTs of Worcester & COTTERELLs of Westbury-on-Trym.  JAMES of Cheltenham, Charlton Kings  & West Town, Shirehampton. FORDS of Chawleigh and Budleigh Salterton, Devon.

Offline s.r.

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 August 10 23:33 BST (UK) »
hi denben.
                   thank you so very much for your infomation regarding my search in the newport dock death.I am so very pleased in finding finally this story.
I hope that i did not put you out too much.once again thank you denben.
I hope to speak to you again soon [may i call on you again if i am stuck please]

s.r.

Offline denben

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 August 10 20:20 BST (UK) »
Sure, I'm happy to help.  Newport Reference Library contains some very useful stuff for family historians.
Researching BENNETTs of Worcester & COTTERELLs of Westbury-on-Trym.  JAMES of Cheltenham, Charlton Kings  & West Town, Shirehampton. FORDS of Chawleigh and Budleigh Salterton, Devon.

Offline s.r.

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 August 10 21:00 BST (UK) »
hi denben.
                 thanks again for your help,could i please ask you for some more help if i may.its regarding the person that you had found,would like to find out more abt him,i know that he was a merchant seamen but i cant find out his id number ect.
do you have a relative who was a merchant  seamen,or was a rigger i dont know how to trace this person back through his sea days, i hope that you dont mind me asking this. with many thanks.
                                                         s.r.

Offline denben

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 August 10 23:17 BST (UK) »
I'll see what I can find later this week.

Offline s.r.

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 10:10 BST (UK) »
hi denben.
                   I appreciate your help and speak to you shortly

s.r.

Offline Rosalie21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
hi all
           I am hoping that some one may be able to help me with information on a death in alexandra docks newport wales.michael driscoll died on 6th september 1940,he fell on a ships gang plank., so i have been told.I would like to find the newspaper story and inquest of this person. I have tried looking on line with no luck.I would very much appreciate it if there is a kind person who can find me this infomation please.

Hi S R                                               
I could not believe it when I saw your entry as my father died in a similar way in the same place spooky or what and your article prompted me to ask my question. Hope to put my father to rest when I get some answers after 35 years of looking and hoping

Rogerson, Baxter, Hill, Ovington, Kelly, Sowerby, Kipling, Newton, Overend

Offline zardoz121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Michael was my grandfather. He married Louisa May Westacott and they had threr children Patricia who died in her first year     Eileen, my mother who died in 2012 and Jeiron who dird in 1966.