Author Topic: McAuley Family - Dublin  (Read 11125 times)

Offline Bluebutterflier

• RootsChat Extra
  • On a mission to track down any of my Family!
    • View Profile
Re: McAuley Family - Dublin
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 18:49 BST (UK) »
It seems my investigation is getting better...

Mathew McAuley - Father
Teresa McAuley -Mother

1 -Mattie McAuley - SON
2 -Francis McAuley -SON
3 -John McAuley -SON
4 -Billy McAuley -SON
5 -Dermot McAuley -SON

6 -Essie McAuley -DAUGHTER
7 -Christina McAuley -DAUGHTER

7 more to find!

Originally there were 17 children, one died....16 lived...7 of them are above...who are the other 7?

My Grandfather DERMOT MCAULEY - was the lasy Sibling to die.

Ive been told John McAuley was the second last to die...around 1985-1995? He was the Tailor/dressmaker brother.

Each Brother had a trade...My Grandfather was the Cobbler/Carpenter.
McAuley - (Mothers side of the family in Ireland)

Stanley - (Fathers side of the family In London/Kent)

Anthony (Fathers side of the family in England)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 August 10 20:03 BST (UK) »
1939-1940 Electorial Register....

Mathew McAuley             Polling MA No: 427
Christina McAuley           Polling MA No: 428
Teresa McAuley              Polling MA No: 429

Mathew McAuley Jun      Pollimg MA No: 431

I wonder who was voter 430.....hmmmm

BY my estimation...if the main Mathew or the Jun? (does that mean Junior?) is my Grandfathers Brother then the 2 women maybe other sisters?

The other people at 109 Marlborogh Street on the '39 electoral register are :

John Baker      (425)
  Susan Baker    (426)
  Annie Dowling   (430)
  Esther McAuley  (432)

I agree that Jun. on the register almost certainly stands for junior. Not sure from that if the Bakers also lived over the Dining hall, or the ran it under the name Ward..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shaymo41

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 August 11 03:28 BST (UK) »
hi my names is james, my mother was a mc cauley born in 1941, she had 3 sisters who died very young from TB. they lived in 11 upper sean mc dermott street in dublin 1 just around the corner from malbourg steet, im not saying we are related cos my mother only found her fathers grave in glasnevin dublin a few weeks ago, his name was francis mc cauley he died from TB like his 3 daughters before him.margaret age 6 died 1th of jun 1946.and CHRISTINA who died age 6 30th april 1944. the first sister to past was age 5 past away 22th jan 1944, there was 2 brouthers who lived up to a few years ago oldest was michael better known as (micker) and then there was francis better known in dublin as (frankie) who was the youngest of the family,there mother remarried after the death of her husband francis, she married john kelly in dublin not sure of the year, now my mother is 72 now shes the last 1 left of her family, but you do look a little like her if you dont mind me saying, so good luck in yer search and i hoped i helped in a little way, bye bye..from dublin...

Offline shaymo41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 August 11 03:45 BST (UK) »
sorry 1 last thing the name of the first to past was katleen mc cauly age 5, and i do know the  Kavanaghs and murtaghs from sheriff street, the Kavanaghs live in portland row dublin and the Murtaghs live in seville place dublin, 2 very big familys.

Offline deccam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 August 11 21:27 BST (UK) »
Ohhhh I just found something...

My grandfathers old driving licences..They are British ones...but its in an envelope...from Dublin.

Now i suspect my grandfather had been to visit Billy his brother, like he often did, as the return address on the back states:

Mr W McAuley
belview beds?
thomas st
dublin 8

The beginning of the envelope is torn, so if its a number on belview beds then i cant see..or a st thomas st? not sure...

Oh how i wish it has my grandfathers DOB on the licence but it just has his name and signature...

Tiny little red book....two of them....

This would be Belview Buildings,they were just off Thomas Street,they are long gone.

Offline Xxsonya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 26 July 12 01:35 BST (UK) »
Hi I am Brian mcauleys girlfriend,son of Noel mcauley who was billy/Williams son.please get in touch we can bring you to Billy's grave and give you any missing pieces of information you would like to know.looking forward to hearing from you,If you email me I can send you photos of billy.                                                             
Sonya

Offline Xxsonya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 27 July 12 00:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, was talking to Noel last night, he would really love you to get in contact,dermot was very close to his dad,your mam came over to visit in 1982 but left no contact number and Noel moved to another adress.please get in touch

Offline shaymo41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi my grand father was mcauley. His name was Francis and he passed away in 1934
He lived on Sean mcdermott street in dublin1 he was married to my granny Katleen dignam .they had 6 kids 2 sons and 4 daughters. 3 of there daughters passed away in 1934 from TB. Then my grand father passed away the same year. His wife remarried to a john Kelly but she died few years later.she had 1 daughters Maria. My mother who's the last one left of the family is still here today thank god. So we could be related down the line. I only found my grand father grave 2 years ago which my mother never seen until then.her brothers Michael and Francis he was also know as Matt. Well ill have to go off line now and good look in your seach . Regards james

Offline Eire.23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I’m Essie’s granddaughter.