Author Topic: Burial of Dr John PENDRILL of Bath in 1827  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Burial of Dr John PENDRILL of Bath in 1827
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 December 11 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Meg, welcome to Rootschat!
I've started one or two threads on here re the PENDEREL family, but it appears that you are the first person who has come on here who could possibly be related/descended/or be connected with this family, as you have such an interest in them...
I would like to PM (Personal Message) you on here, but I believe you need to have posted at least 3 times before I can contact you and exchange e-mails, and so on.
What you say is fascinating reading - I went to Boscobel House in August 2010 and left a note in the visitors book about this branch of the family descended from John PENDRILL, and tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with the Pendrill Family History Society.
I started a thread about someone called Doris MOODY on here - she was directly descended from this line - which ran and ran, and contained lots of very interesting detail about this family, will try and find the link now.
Very best wishes, keith
...and yes, would be very interested in seeing back copies of the family magazine!

Offline meg grieve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Keith,
My e-mail address is *
I have all the magazines that were issued.  and would be pleased to let you have copies if you wish.  The PFHS folded last year, as the then chairman retired and there were no offers to take over.  It was a cousin of mine that originally started the society.     
Meg Grieve

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Meg,
As you can see, one of the moderators has removed your e-mail address to preserve your privacy, but all you need to do is post one more time on here, and we can exchange information via PM on here.  Looking forward to continuing this dialogue on the PENDRELL/PENDRILL/PENDEREL family...
very best wishes, keith

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 29 December 11 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Meg,
Have re-read your first post, and you of course are directly descended, as you say, from the PENDRILL's of Boscobel fame.  When you say William the Waterman, was this the individual who ended up with a business on the Thames in London, and wasn't there a recent Antiques Roadshow where part of his boat was displayed?  Or do you you mean William the Waterman was one of the five brothers who risked their lives for the soon-to-be-King Charles Stuart in 1651.  Although I've read simply everything i could get my hands on re the whole evocative story, I'm still not entirely clear what each of the brothers did on those two neighbouring estates in Shropshire.
And yes, Dr John PENDEREL of Bath is indeed descended from John of those five siblings...
keith

Offline meg grieve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 29 December 11 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Keith,
William the Waterman was the chap in London, and not one of the original brothers.  The boat board shown on the Antiques Road Show is held by a 3rd or so cousin whom I don't know.  I have put the magazine extracts on to the computer. Once we can exchange e-mail addresses, I can try sending the magazine copies as an attachment, at least I'll get my husband to do it, I'm fairly new to computers! 
Have you read "The Escape of Charles 11 after the Battle of Worcester" by Richard Ollard, you would probably find it interesting.
Are you connected to the Pendrills in any way, or just interested?  I came across some entries between you and another person regarding Doris Moody and the Pendrill connection last year, but never got around to doing anything about it!  At the time I was trying to trace my father's family.
Meg

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 29 December 11 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, Meg,
Right, I can now PM you with details, very shortly...
I've read a great deal round the amazing story of the Boscobel Oak, have a copy of the Boscobel Tracts, and have been contacted recently by someone writing an article next year about Thomas PENDRILL of Aberdylais and his generation...
keith