Author Topic: Playe-Howard info  (Read 5588 times)

Offline tbird3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Playe-Howard info
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 September 10 23:11 BST (UK) »
Phyllis Louise Playle-Howard was my maternal grandmother, the family became Armiger on the male side. My Mother is Marion Armiger, daughter of Phyllis, she died in Polars Home for the Blind in Newport, Isle of Wight. My middle name is taken from my grandfather, as he died just before I came to wreak havoc on the world! Is there anyway I can help? By the way, we have a few famous ancestors....

Offline rcamber

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 September 10 17:52 BST (UK) »
I too have Playle- Howards in my family. My 4 great grandfather Samuel William B1784 foxearth. He married on the Isle of Wight. He is a relation to all of above. I would like to hear from anyone that has any info on this family ;-)
Regards
Becki

Offline genmom711

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Greetings Becki,

My 4xggf is Thomas Playle, of Foxearth, b. 1795. One of his children bear the Howard surname, as a middle name, "Arthur Howard Playle". I have been trying to identify any siblings of Thomas and confirm his parents. I will have to see what I can find on the Playle- Howard. If I recall Correctly there may have been a later marriage connection in the 1800's with a male Playle marrying a Howard.

Lets try to uncover what our connection may be?

Regards,
S. Lynn

Offline TrevH

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 00:34 BST (UK) »
Samuel William Playle Howard was my 3rd GGF b. Foxearth, Essex in 1796. I believe his father was Samuel Howard (Hayward) who in the 1841 census for Foxearth is also a Tea Dealer like Samuel William Playle Howard. His year of birth is 1772 and in the IGI records there is a Samuel Hayward, parents John and Sarah, who was baptised in Foxearth in 1772.

Because Samuel Howard’s wife Mary is 16 yrs younger than he is at the 1841 Foxearth census, she is unlikely to be the mother of SWPH. I guess that he was previously married to a Playle and she was probably the mother of SWPH.

Also in the 1841 census in the village of Stanstead in Suffolk – about 5 miles from Foxearth there are Playles and Howards in the same household – Henry and Sarah Howard along with their daughter Harriett Playle and their grandchildren. Harriett was married to Edward Playle in Stanstead in 1827.
There are other instances of Playes being born in Stanstead and living in Foxearth.

I’ve tried to find female Playles from the area that could have been Samuel Howard(Hayward)s wife and mother to SWPH and have found three – Elizabeth Playl christened Sudbury 1773, Sarah Plail christened Stansted 1775 and Mary Plail christened Stanstead 1780 - all to parents Joseph and Susan.

Strangely, the Thomas Playle born in Foxearth 1795 and living in Wretton Norfolk in 1871 was also a Tea Dealer.

A few more pieces of the jigsaw – hope someone can join them up!

Offline TPH2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 06 January 12 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Phyllis was the sister of my Husband's (Kevin George Playle-Howard) great great grandfather George Henry Playle-Howard from the IOW Hampshire, George Henry and Phyllis had 10 other brothers and sisters. Their parents were George Pierce (Howard) and Evelyn Edith (Blake). The Blakes are still in Ventnor IOW, alot of us P-H's are in West Sussex now. Hope this helps