Author Topic: Re Letitia Mobbs  (Read 2215 times)

Offline 7blue1pink

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re Letitia Mobbs
« on: Monday 23 August 10 08:31 BST (UK) »
The dreaded Mobb/Grays! Hi, lots of info on this family but nothing much on Letitia mobbs and Elizabeth Mobbs who are living with Moses Smith and Eldri (Gray) on the 1861 census . Can anyone clear this up for me? Letitia was my GG Gmother.  Have nothing about Elizabeth who it appears on the Census to be Letitia and Eldri's mother?   A lead on this woman would be nice...as would a birth cert for Letitia :-\

The closest thing I have that may be abt Letitia is a report I paid privately for, but that says:

28th May Letitia Moggs dau James and Bathyany Moggs Hougham.  Vagrants and basket Makers.
Ref 23/16/003/03A from Hougham Baptism register. no. 349, but there was nothing more between 1843 - 1850 in that area so I cannot go forward or backwards with this one.  And is this my woman??
Would like something possitive to round this one up if possible...any ideas please? ???
Price, Cunningham, Hattrick/Attrick, Gray, Mobbs, Wilson, Bramwell, Morris, Russell, Haines,
Allison, Watson, Drake, Wilson, Tindle/Tindall, Hardwick, Parnham, Hollis, Hitchins/Itchins

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Re Letitia Mobbs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello I'm 2x great granddaughter of eliace Gray as was knowledge until today lol only just found out about the mobbs side I've heared of Moses and the twins cornelious and righteous but didn't know they were daughter till today ! Il keep you posted if I find anything out  :)

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 14:29 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

Letitia 1846 was the daughter of James Mobbs aka James Gray.  He wed Bethania/Bethania Smith daughter of Wisdom and Hannah Smith born 1764....Wisdom was the son of Cain Smith and Sarah Taylor I believe.
As I said once before Letitia was my gt gt grandmother ;-)  Rosie
Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Parnham - Notts/Yorks/Grimsby/Louth/Derbyshire
Hardwick - Hull Yorks/Poole Dorset
Hattrick Ireland/Doncaster
Ray/Reay/Wray/ -Hull Yorks
Dann - Dannet/Louth Lincs
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Cunningham -Hull/Louth/Yorks
Hollis - Notts/Yorks
Wilson - Yorks/Notts/Boston
Russell - Market deeping lincs
Morris - Bedfordshire
Mobbs- Lincoln
Smiths - Yorks/Lincoln
Gray - Yorks /Derbyshire
Bramwell - Chesterfield/Derby/Louth
Taylor Lincs/Derbyshire
Bostock - Derbyshire

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 15:01 BST (UK) »
I cannot go forward or backwards with this one.

You can go forwards if you are descended from her.  She appears to marry 27 Jun 1864 to Joseph Kitchen although census have her as Hitchins.  By 1871 she is a widow with 3 children - John - Clara - Rebecca - then a marriage as Itchings in 1886 to Joseph Cunningham.

You may already have this?  Father on both marriages James Mobbs.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 15:07 BST (UK) »
In 1881 she is down as married to Alfred Tindle and a sons birth (under Tindall) has mothers maiden name Hitchins so a chequered path through the census. 

A daughter Clara (under Tindell) has mothers maiden name Mobbs so that confirms mother is the same woman.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 18:15 BST (UK) »
In 1881 she is down as married to Alfred Tindle and a sons birth (under Tindall) has mothers maiden name Hitchins so a chequered path through the census. 

A daughter Clara  has mothers maiden name Mobbs so that confirms mother is the same woman.
Yes Millipede this is same woman. There was a Clara from her marriage to Joseph Hitchens. She sadly dies in the work house in 1877 I think off top of my head.. Records distryed so I couldn't find if the whole family went into the workhouse in Lincoln.
She has Clara by Alfred Tindle(never found a marriage and when she weds Joseph Cunningham in 1886 in Hull she gives Itchens. Clara  wed Reuben Price in 1906 and was my gt granny/granddad ect. The whole family wouldn't believe she was not a Cunningham when I found her with Tindle. And according to my aunt she always said she wasn't a Cunningham  Letitia had quite a hard life I heard.
Nice to see you spotted her too with Alfred. But you mods are very clever on here.. ☺️Thank you.
Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Parnham - Notts/Yorks/Grimsby/Louth/Derbyshire
Hardwick - Hull Yorks/Poole Dorset
Hattrick Ireland/Doncaster
Ray/Reay/Wray/ -Hull Yorks
Dann - Dannet/Louth Lincs
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Cunningham -Hull/Louth/Yorks
Hollis - Notts/Yorks
Wilson - Yorks/Notts/Boston