Author Topic: Lookup Adoption Register Family History Centre  (Read 2776 times)

Offline richardsweet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lookup Adoption Register Family History Centre
« on: Monday 04 April 05 16:19 BST (UK) »
Please could someone check the adoption register index for me at the Family Records Centre, Middleton Street, I am looking for a Helene Barbara Clemens born 20th December 1964 birth registered 16th February 1965 at Penzance Registry Office. Her adopted Father was a Anthony Winters so any female Winters adopted from 1965 onwards.

I have applied for a certificate in the name of Helene Barbara winters but with no luck her christian names must have been changed, she was adopted whilst young so anytime from 1965 onwards.

I would be most greatefull I live in Cornwall and it is difficult to get to London.

Many thanks

Richard Sweet

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Adoption Register Family History Centre
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 April 05 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard

Modified to avoid possible confusion

Best wishes

Casalguidi

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline richardsweet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Adoption Register Family History Centre
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 April 05 17:07 BST (UK) »
Casalguidi
Thanks for your speedy reply, I understood that I could apply for a adoption birth certificate but that I need the reference number for this from the adoption register index and that this is open to all at the Family Records Office.

I have the original birth certificate in the name of Helene Barbara Clemens and the GRO at Southport have confirmed that this certificate is filed, marked adopted, so a adoption birth certificate has been issued, I assume the surname would be winters but I do not know the christian names and I need these and the GRO reference to apply for the certificate.
Regards
Richard Sweet