Author Topic: The Clare Family  (Read 1706 times)

Offline The delivery man

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Clare Family
« on: Wednesday 25 August 10 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hi All
I am not related to the Clare family but have a very nice small sketchbook which belonged to Mildred Clare, it was found many years ago in a house in Runcorn, I think the man that had died there was a Mr Campbell, anyway I think this book should go back to any remaining family and would like any help in finding them, inside the cover it says "To Mildred Clare From a.m Hughes S.S.Teacher Christmas 1926" and the people who sketched pictures and put poems in it have signed it so here is a short list of some of thoses as well J.Lloyd, Reg Darlington, J.Chisnall, M.Pennington, C.Lee, E Lloyd, M Wilson, M Cohen.
This is a really nice little book and should go to any of the aboves family so any help would be appriciated.
Long winded I know, sorry

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Clare Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 August 10 07:43 BST (UK) »
Hiya . and Welcome to Rootschat..
there is a Midred Clare b dec qtr 1913 in Runcorn and her mums maiden name is Arnold,
there is a marriage of Mildred Clare to James B Hayes in 1938 in Runcorn...
these are the only 2 records in Runcorn for Mildred Clare ....hopefully it is your Mildred  .
Mildred married in the Trinity Methodist Chapel , so I presume that her book was from the Trinity Methodist Sunday School...
so maybe we are looking for her grandchildren with the surname Hayes in Runcorn...may help in some way....allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline The delivery man

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Clare Family
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 August 10 09:20 BST (UK) »
Wow that was fast work, cheers for that I will look into the Hayes connection, appriciated.