Author Topic: look up request for minnesotta USA  (Read 1665 times)

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
look up request for minnesotta USA
« on: Monday 04 April 05 19:39 BST (UK) »
 Can someone please help as i have limited infromation.
 I am looking  for the birth place of SADIE AGNES HAWLEY the only information I have is that on the 1901 census for uk she is listed as being  born in Minnessota USA ,on the 1901 census her age is 20  I assume she was born 1880 or first quarter 1881, her father's name was William Henry Hawley, her mother might well be Agnes(nee Wilson)  born 1849 or Elizabeth Jane (nee Wilson)  born 1853.
 I am curious to find out when Willaim Henry married and was he american or English , but any help would be appreciated, as I dont know where else to go with this one

Hoping someone can help
                  Regards Ken

Offline Susan41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: look up request for minnesotta USA
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 April 05 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hello,

William Henry Hawley does not show up in the 1880 census index for Minnesota.  Below is copied from the MN Historical Society:

"To find a birth certificate dated before 1900, you may need to contact the individual county in which the birth occurred. Minnesota did not have an official statewide birth records system until 1900. Until then, each county maintained its own birth registry."

There is a 1885 census for MN but it is not online and not indexed.  One would have to know the county to search.

What else do you know about Sadie and her parents? When did they go to England?  Did she return to U. S.?

Susan41

Russell in London,
Gladwin in Beeston, Bradford, W. Yorkshire,
Rosser in London and Glamorganshire,
Goddard in Bishopstone, N. Wiltshire
Sandiford in London area circa 1770
Smirk(e) in London
Stradling in Glamorganshire
Mansel or Mansell in Glamorganshire
Carne in Glamorganshire

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: look up request for minnesotta USA
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 05 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Susan , Many thanks for your reply; Today I have been in Oxfordshire Uk and  i am wondering if  Sadie's father information m ight  be in Canada, the reason I say this is I have been given information today that  Sadie's Aunt Thirza  came to Kenora C anada  it was called Rat Poratage ( Kenora )  which is not a  million miles from Minessotta USA.
I am asking myself why did Thirza ( Sadies aunt) go to  Canada Kenora. Was it because her elder sister Agnes or Elizabeth had settled there .  had Sadie's parents migrated to Canada  and were visiting Minnessota when Sadie was  born. What I need is Sadie's  birth certificate but I dont know where she was born in Minnessota, all I do know is that she was born there. Perhaps a look on Canada's 1881 census might solve this enigma.
Sadie's birth certifcate  will answer all my questions. But there again I have learnt for every answer ther are 10 questions. Many thanks once agin for your help

Ken