Author Topic: John CHRISTIE, Ireland to Scotland- completed  (Read 14597 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John CHRISTIE, Ireland to Scotland
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 August 10 16:27 BST (UK) »
That's fantastic (think John's birthplace as Maybole is why I could never find him). Will sit down with this information and see where I can go from here.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 August 10 12:35 BST (UK) »
It looks as though the 1892 marriage for John Christie and Isabella Henderson that Monica found is the right couple. John's parents listed as deceased- his father James Christie died 1889 and mother Susan died 1877.
John's occupation seems to be gardener, rather than carpenter, and names of children match- Janet/Jessie (after Isabella's mother), Susan Gilmour/Cissie? (after John's mother), James (after John's father) and Andrew H (Henderson?) (after Isabella's father). It will be interesting to see 1911 census when it's available.

Offline Marylene_G

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 11:40 BST (UK) »
Parents for Isabella as we had from IGI, with father an Iron Moulder journeyman. Likely Henderson family were witnesses, a John and Annie Henderson.

Hello Monica, I'm currently doing genealogical research for a scottish friend and I'm interested in this particular line, John Christie and Isabella Henderson. I'm specifically looking for more information on Isabella's parents, could you point to where you found the information on IGI? Or where I could find a transcript?
Thank you in advance!
Marylene
Mainly Canadian and American genealogy since I was born in Quebec but also very interested in Scottish genealogy due to my husband and aunt.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 12:16 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. I was the one who started the thread looking for details of John Christie (my husband's realtive) and would still be interested in any information on his family.

To find details from IGI (International Geneealogical Index) go to www.familysearch.org, select 'parents', fill in just their names and have a look at search results.

Offline Marylene_G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 13:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your quick reply! :) IGI seems to be down for the moment so that's why I was asking Monica if she had a transcript of scanned copy of the image stored.
Mainly Canadian and American genealogy since I was born in Quebec but also very interested in Scottish genealogy due to my husband and aunt.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 13:31 BST (UK) »
It was working a little while ago and I just tried a few searches again and seems okay- perhaps a slight glitch for you earlier.

Offline Marylene_G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hello again,

IGI was down yesterday but I managed to perform the search and found the info. :)
By the way, I'm starting a new thread on Janet (Jessie) Christie, daughter of your John Christie and Isabella Henderson, I'll link to this message.
Have a good day and thanks again
Marylene

Added: Hi Marylene  :) Just adding link to new post on here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,595689.0.html - Monica