Author Topic: Old posts  (Read 1907 times)

Offline pennine

• RootsChat Member
  • A smile can make some ones day
    • View Profile
Old posts
« on: Friday 27 August 10 00:42 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, good to be back. I have been trying to find some very old posts of mine and can't see them have they been deleted? :(

Pennine
Bell, Brodsworth, Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Bright, Eyre, Jessop, Wilkinson, Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Fielding, Lound Retford, Lincolnshire and Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Law,  Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Lister, Flockton, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Mitchell, Langsett, Nr. Penistone Yorkshire.<br />Walton, Cudworth, Barnsley Yorkshire.<br />Stanger, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Yorkshire.<br />Gratwick, London and Kent<br />Fahy, Limerick, Southern Ireland

Offline Hollander

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Old posts
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 August 10 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Pennine.

Have you tried opening your profile, and going through your posts that way?

There seem to be over 330, going back to Feb 2006. Apologies in advance if you've already done this.  ;)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pennine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 August 10 01:19 BST (UK) »
Doh! I am either thick or very tired. Sorree! Will try that. Thank you for replying.
Pennine.
Bell, Brodsworth, Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Bright, Eyre, Jessop, Wilkinson, Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Fielding, Lound Retford, Lincolnshire and Sheffield, Yorkshire<br />Law,  Felkirk, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Lister, Flockton, Wath-Upon-Dearne, Yorkshire<br />Mitchell, Langsett, Nr. Penistone Yorkshire.<br />Walton, Cudworth, Barnsley Yorkshire.<br />Stanger, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Yorkshire.<br />Gratwick, London and Kent<br />Fahy, Limerick, Southern Ireland

Offline Paul Caswell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me in my natural state
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 August 10 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Pennine,

You can also fill in your name in the "By user" box on the search page. You still have to search for something but "e" seems to work well. :)

Paul
Caswell - Durham(Jarrow), Northumberland(Berwick), Dorset(Netherbury)
Drury - Middlesex(Kensington), Shropshire(Oswestry/Selattyn)
Turner - Dorset(Parkstone)
Speight - Essex(Braintree), Kent(Gravesend), Westmorland(Kendal)
Stockley - Dorset(Corfe Castle)
Amey - Suffolk(Haverhill)
Cousins - Norfolk(Ketteringham)
Sears - Bedfordshire(Potton), Cambridgeshire(Gamlingay)
Census information is Crown Copyright

Offline pennine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 August 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks Paul. I am more 'with it' tonight and realised I could do that. It is such a long time since I have visited Roots  that I seemed to have lost the knack but I am getting there hopefully.
Thanks again.

Pennine

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 August 10 11:35 BST (UK) »
Just to add a moderators comment, we never delete old topics, but they may get moved to a different board such as the 'completed' ones.

Many people find family surnames when using search engines and there are loads of instances where new members are trying to make contact with people who have historical posts.

The frustration we have is when people have made old posts, forget about Rootschat and change their email addresses without updating their profiles. Notifications and pm's just don't get through.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 August 10 15:37 BST (UK) »
There do seem to be a lot of those recently,where people have just joined and would love to contact someone who hasn't been online for a couple fo years.

It's so frustrating to have to tell them, good luck but..........the person you want may have changed their email address and therefore won't be notified of your posting.

So do as Dawn says, and make sure you keep your Rootschat profile up to date,and that includes a current email address  ;)

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pennine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 23:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help. I am still using the same email address for Rootschat that I have always used and happily I have found the post I was looking for thanks to your advice.

Pennine.