Author Topic: George Scott and Mary Francis, Hull  (Read 7998 times)

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: George Scott and Mary Francis, Hull
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 16 October 19 23:03 BST (UK) »
what age does it say on george  scotts death cert(1875)as on the passenger list for the Bolton it says he was 34 which would make his birth abt 1805. Thanks lnr

Offline scottsinclair

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 February 21 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Just chipping in on this; Lilley Scott was my 5 * great grandfather, and I'm investigating this (and other branches in Hull) at the moment

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 13 June 21 15:56 BST (UK) »
 a long shot .. but I have a Mary Scott baptised at Cottingham (north of Hull) her father Wm Scott. She married Wm Stephenson at Cottingham in 1838 and after 5 children came to Canada in 1854
William Stephenson - born 1814 at Doncaster West Yorkshire - married Mary Scott at Cottingham East Yorkshire (Hull) in 1838. Williams parents I believe were another Wm Stephenson and an Alice Carter - married Cantley Parish W Yorks (Doncaster) in 1811..... Other east riding names are Nicholls (Bridlington, Yorks and Wigan Lancs.) and the surname Withernwick.

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 03 March 22 18:46 GMT (UK) »
 When my ggg Grandmother died at Strathroy Ontario Canada in 1897 .. her obit in the Strathroy newspaper stated .... "Mrs Stephenson was born at Cottingham Yorkshire and was of a family of 16. Of  her brothers and sisters only 2 survive .. Edward Scott, Jeweller of Hull England and Richard at Cottingham the old home."
 Mary Scott was born in 1819 to parents William Scott of South Cave and Mary Twidle of Ellerker

William Stephenson - born 1814 at Doncaster West Yorkshire - married Mary Scott at Cottingham East Yorkshire (Hull) in 1838. Williams parents I believe were another Wm Stephenson and an Alice Carter - married Cantley Parish W Yorks (Doncaster) in 1811..... Other east riding names are Nicholls (Bridlington, Yorks and Wigan Lancs.) and the surname Withernwick.

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 22 March 22 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken,
Sent you an email just now with emai address on it,
Best, Phil
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig