Author Topic: Freeman family  (Read 12751 times)

Offline geri25

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Freeman family
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 September 10 12:09 BST (UK) »
hi reni
walter had contact with sylvia in 89 she used to visit dorothy

geri25

Offline geri25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 September 10 12:13 BST (UK) »
hi reni
i'm from the freeman hoyte side, now the second child, never heard of richard before though did see him in the census but thought it was a mistake
geri25

Offline renibacterium

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 September 10 16:49 BST (UK) »
See here for details included in death certificates and how to order them-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,433043.0.html

Note: Ellen is a common name in Ireland while in Scotland Helen is the more common form of the name.

Thank you

Offline renibacterium

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Still looking for info on the Freeman's in Ireland.

Richard Freeman Snr born around 1805, probably Dublin ( but maybe not ?). He was a painter/artist of miniatures. He married at least  once. The only wife we know of was a Mary Ann (who was 18 years his junior). Her maiden name maybe Fe(a)therston(e), Mayfield or possibly Wilson. They are in Hackney, London, England in the 1871 census. Richard dies there in 1878. We believe they had at least two childred both born in Ireland, Ann born c1845 in Dublin and Richard jnr born 1848 Ireland. Both are in London, England in the 1871 census, in separate accomodation to their parents. We know that Richard jnr marries Helen Jane Hoyte in London in1873 and have 5  boys between 1873-1880 ( 1 of which is born in Belfast in 1880 ).

(1) I would like to find out more info on Richard Freeman snr. Who his parents were? Did he have any siblings ?

(2) I would like to establish who exactly he married. Did he marry more than once ?

(3) Where exactly in Ireland was Richard Freeman jnr born?

Thanks for reading

Offline pbaker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 May 15 03:09 BST (UK) »
Hello, my GGGGrandfather was Robert Freeman, born around 1805 as well and lived in Dublin from at least 1825 to his death in 1839. He was married and had numerous children. His wife and children came to the USA.
I am trying to connect to his tree through DNA. I wonder if you have considered having your dna tested? About 10 members of my family are in the FTDNA database. If we are related, that would show. I have a bunch of Freeman matches already. The family came from England and for some reason, settled in Dublin…. not sure why. Thanks!