Author Topic: Belgium-d'Ardenne and van Baelen in Antwerp  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Greenealogist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Belgium-d'Ardenne and van Baelen in Antwerp
« on: Monday 30 August 10 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hi
My g.g.grandmother, Mary Dardenne/d'Ardenne was born in Borgerhout, a district in Antwerp, in 1848. Her parents were Louis d'Ardenne and Charlotte Elizabeth van Baelen (or possibly van Baclen). They were both born in Antwerp. The family immigrated sometime between 1854 and 1858, and I haven't been able to find them entering the country. Louis was a cabinet maker and we believe it may have been a family profession (two of his sons were).
This has been a brick wall since my aunt discovered it nigh on 20 years ago so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated
Regards
James

Offline JohnNB

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium-d'Ardenne and van Baelen in Antwerp
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 11 19:11 BST (UK) »
My wife is a direct descendant of Jeanette D'Ardenne, who was born Ludovica Joanna D'Ardenne in Antwerp in 1852. That was her name on her marriage certificate to Jean August Jacobs, but she became known as Jeanette when they moved to England. Jeanette D'ardenne was a sister to Mary D'Ardenne whose parents were Louis and Charlotte. We have her as Charlotte Marie, but I'm sure it must be the same person. We have it that Mary was married to Francis William Bradford who was born in 1845. Mary and Jeanette had a brother Louis John D'Ardenne(1857-1907) who married Maria Hoad. We don't have any record of any children of Mary and Francis, so if you are related to them that will be a whole new branch of the family. There is a large number of relatives who live in Germany. We'd love to hear if you have found out anything else.

Offline RecycledHippy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 October 11 17:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

My mother/gransmother were born in Antwerp
My mother married my father after meeting him while he was stationed there during WW2

I have been trying to find more info about my Belgian ancestores - without success
I am regularly told that many records were destroyed by the heavy bombing suffered during war

Sadly I cannot help any more

Hippy   :( :( :( :(
Please scan all photographs at 300-600 dpi.
Please feel free to colour/modify any restores posted by me.
An acknowledgement would be much appreciated.

Lenoir - Antwerp Belgium
Tippell/Tipple Norfolk/Suffolk border

Offline Tony Francis Swanwick

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 February 14 23:21 GMT (UK) »
John

Francis William Bradford's surname was 'Swanwick'. He was my great great grandfather which makes Mary D'Ardenne my great great grandmother.

Tony