Author Topic: Walters help?  (Read 12275 times)

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walters help?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 17 October 10 19:18 BST (UK) »
Evan then Rachel..

Offline paulanthony262003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 07 May 11 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Idavies,

Have you found some more information on your David Walters?

I'm researching Walters of Llandyfaelog, Llangendeirne, & Kidwelly Aberdare and USA.

Hello,

I also have some WALTERS from Llangendeirne and surrounding hamlets such as Crwbin and Bancffosfelen.  Would u like to message me privately to exchange further information?
Thanks

Offline cheekyhenry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm researching the Walters Family From Llandyfaelog,John Walters Born 1814 married Mary Lewis in 1837 Kidwelly my gggg grandparents . Father of John, Walter Walters 1791 married Mary in 1806 lived Wern Fach Llandydfaeog 1841 cencus. Hoping for a match. Regards

Offline Cynfelin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

Thank you for your email.

The information you hold may well be part of my family but it does not quite match.

David Walters, farmer from Llandyfaelog b 5/2/1786 and married Mary Hugh on 10/8/1813 is my direct line.
 Good luck with your searches.

Offline Davevx22

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 07 May 16 05:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie
My grandmother was Elsie Walters née Coombes. She had 2 Children Raymond George And Cecilia.
I am Raymond's son and visited Gilfach on many occasions as a child, and later as a teenager. There is an interesting post on Utube about children of a school in Gilfach and a picture of the fish and chip shop run by our relatives Phylis and ?.Who were both killed in a car crash. Rose moved to Plymouth in Devon. And another sister to Ramsgate in Kent. I met auntie Rachel and Davey as a child.
I know loads more but that's enough for now
Thanks David George Coombes

Offline Buggles321

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 07 August 16 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi David. I've just seen your message. My great grandmother, Cecilia, was Elsie's sister. Cecilia moved to Ramsgate with her husband,Edgar and their 4 children: David (Dai), Idris, Cyril and my grandmother, Dilys. My mum remembers Aunt Elsie and her daughter Cecilia. I hope we can exchange family information. Look forward to hearing from you. Julie.

Offline davieslynds1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 22 November 16 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi David and Julie. I am the original poster (however cannot sign back into that account so have made a new one) I have only just seen these replies. My great grandfather Evan (Elsie and Cecilia's brother) who had 7 children (Megan, Elsie, David, Brinley, Ieuan (my grandfather) Cyril and Shirley) all stayed in Gilfach - I still live here now! Me and my mother would love to hear any stories you both have! If you both would like any photographs of Gilfach let me know, I'm willing to take/send some :)
Lyndsey