Author Topic: ANDERSON, Manly, NSW, 1911 onwards  (Read 6933 times)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ANDERSON, Manly, NSW, 1911 onwards
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 September 10 13:26 BST (UK) »
Ooooh, interesting.  Name doesn't ring a bell, nor the place, but I will squirrel that away in case Mrs G turns out to be some sort of cousin.  Thanks!  And you have found Dorothy's birth date, which I didn't have  :) ahhh she would have been 100 this Sunday ....
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 September 10 13:33 BST (UK) »
There is a Funeral Notice for a Samuel George ANDERSON of 64 Boyle St, Balgowlah, Manly.  Funeral on 13 August 1940 to Northern Suburbs crematorium.  Obviously this address is not the same as the 1937 address.
http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/27950582?searchTerm=samuel+george+anderson

The death notice (same paper page eight) gives his wife as Helen and his daughter as Dorothy (Mrs D Campbell of Mudgee)  so it looks like this is him and that Dorothy was the only child.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 September 10 13:43 BST (UK) »
Darley served in WW2 also:
Darley Armstrong CAMPBELL, Service Number - N349012 : Born10 Jun 1907, MANLY NSW : Place of enlistment - Mudgee NSW : Next of Kin - Dorothy CAMPBELL.  Unfortunately not yet digitised.

http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/script/name.asp

You can also see this mentioned using the National Archives (Australia) link given by Jorose

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 September 10 13:55 BST (UK) »
This is as good as a Scavenger Hunt  ;D

I'd found the Roll of Honour entry, but wasn't sure of his birthplace.  The Mudgee address fits with the later electoral roll entries.  (Just been busy working out how to save the death notices)
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 September 10 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hmm - I'm not very good at organising computers so can't help you with that.  ::)

If you would like to give the death dates for the family at Karakatta I could look up the Perth newspapers for death notices etc next time I'm at the National Library (late next week probably).  This should give any children to Dorothy and Darley.  ;D

Judith

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 September 10 14:16 BST (UK) »
Oh, that would be really kind.  Just been looking but the online Perth papers seem to finish too early.

Helen Anderson died 25 Sep 1976 aged 95
Darley Armstrong Campbell died 28 Dec 1992 aged 85
Dorothy Helen Campbell died 28 Apr 1998 aged 87
All of Bentley.

Marvellous, what a lot more I know than I did this time yesterday!  Thank you so much and I had better wish you goodnight  :) while I go out shopping or we will starve  ;D

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 February 12 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Judith

I wonder if you ever found time to look up those death notices.  It never was urgent but it would be good to know if the line stops there.  :)

Offline jamiecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 09:31 GMT (UK) »
This is quite interesting. Do you have more information for me on this please.  barley was my grandfather, and dorothy was my grandmother..thx..jamie campbell

Offline jamiecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 09:36 GMT (UK) »
I can reply to that Dorothy and Darley had 2 Children, John campbell(my father), and Kay , funny enough her married name is Anderson.. Hope this helps