Author Topic: Manchester Cathedral marriage look-up... have full date  (Read 1510 times)

Offline GalaxyJane

• RootsChat Senior
  • His Mistress' Voice...
    • View Profile
Manchester Cathedral marriage look-up... have full date
« on: Saturday 04 September 10 16:59 BST (UK) »
This record has just popped up on the Family Search pilot site and of course I would be back from my UK holiday when it happens.
  Is it possible to get a transcript of a marriage record for 8th March 1837, Benjamin Mason Woulidge --can be spelt various way - and Elizabeth Coyston ? Just in case there are a few extra details not on the index?
   Or maybe some kind soul can just remind me what is usually on the record at that time, so I am not driven mad with curiosity if there isn't anything...
                                         Thanks in advance
                                                              Jane.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline velpremus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Cathedral marriage look-up... have full date
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 September 10 17:59 BST (UK) »
As the date of the marriage was just prior to civil registration you will only find the occupation, whether they signed the register and two witness names - these used to be "professional" witnesses but you may be lucky and get a relli.

The marriage was on :  http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm
and may be on here soon:
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/indexw.html

Offline GalaxyJane

• RootsChat Senior
  • His Mistress' Voice...
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Cathedral marriage look-up... have full date
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 10 18:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, velpremus. Witness and profession even would be a bonus!
Thanks too for the two references, it is not on the OPC site, apparently records from that date haven't been extracted for the Cathedral. The IGI didn't throw it up previously because of a very weird spelling variation of the groom's surname. I was able to cross check it from the FS pilot site via the bride's surname..
           So if anyone has access to the microfilm, it would still be a huge help
                                                      Best wishes
                                                                    Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk