Author Topic: Anna Morrisroe  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Seamiuse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never stop searching for the genealogical truth
    • View Profile
Anna Morrisroe
« on: Saturday 04 September 10 18:32 BST (UK) »
Having a heck of a time locating immigration information and birth specifics on Anna.  b. 26 Sept 1866. Immigrated (per 1920 census)  in 1889, naturalized 1893. "She traveled to the US at age 16 alone". Father- Patrick, Mother- Mary
Morrisroe - County Mayo and  County Roscommon
Broderick - Co. Kerry

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anna Morrisroe
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 September 10 18:54 BST (UK) »
Where was she living in 1920?  Where did you get her birth date from?

Offline Seamiuse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 10 19:03 BST (UK) »
in 1920 She, her husband John Broderick and several children were living in the City of Willoughby, Ohio, Lake county. The date of birth was ascertained from her death cert.
Broderick - Co. Kerry

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 September 10 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Seamiuse,

Welcome To Rootschat

According to the 1920 Census Anna was 40 years old making her birth 1880 Ireland.
Anna Morris married John (Name probably mis-transcribed as John Birdenek) 29 th  April 1896 Cuyahoga, Ohio.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/09pn/

Is this the correct person ?  ???
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 September 10 20:59 BST (UK) »
I see a Ohio death certificate for Anna M. Broderick, born 26 Sep 1874 in Roscommon, daughter of Patrick and Mary Morris Roe.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 September 10 21:32 BST (UK) »
Good find Shelly.  So it is the same family as the 1920 Census, the names appear in the Cleveland Necrology File - just the age thats up the creek  ???

http://www.rootschat.com/links/09pp/

and John Broderick 1936

http://www.rootschat.com/links/09pq/
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Seamiuse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 September 10 21:50 BST (UK) »
I see a Ohio death certificate for Anna M. Broderick, born 26 Sep 1874 in Roscommon, daughter of Patrick and Mary Morris Roe.

Yes, this is the correct Anna and John, my GGGrandparents.  Before moving from that area I visited the home in Willoughby, Ohio (just outside Cleveland) and ascertained just about everything about their lives once they got there and the children; John F, Renaldo, Katherine, Edwin, Danny, Margaret, Helen etc.

The problem I have is finding when Anna came into the USA and going back from there. Also what makes it a bit hard is that although the death cert lists her birthplace as Roscommon, the area we THINK she was from was at the time of her birth in MAYO!  lol That birth cert has alluded me for years.

It is said she had one brother, unknown to us at this time.
NO WAY did Anna and John marry in Ohio. They had numerous children by the time they got to ohio and had only been in Ohio about 40yrs at the time of her death. Two children (at least) had been born in NY.

Appreciate the help folks.

Slainte!
Broderick - Co. Kerry

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 September 10 21:57 BST (UK) »
I have'nt managed locate a passenger list entry, the trouble is that they gave very little details at that time. Have you tried the Ireland boards to see if anyone can come up with info on Anna or her parents, sibling  ???

Sláinte mhaith  ;)

Offline Seamiuse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 04 September 10 22:05 BST (UK) »
I haven't Sandra. I am FAR from being very educated on this, and sources. I did however get a response from a fella in Ireland from the "Irish Ancestry Research" who indicates he located ; "the birth and baptism record of Anna. These documents tells us the full name of Anna's mother. Using this info, I was then able to search for her siblings. I can only detect one brother, and his name was not Patrick."

How/where he located this information is unknown and I'm not prepared to submit $175.00. 

BTW, I am ASTOUNDED at the wealth of information now available on the internet. I started this project some 10yrs ago and everything I learned was earned by way of "shoe leather" lol. My My how things have changed.
Broderick - Co. Kerry