Author Topic: Anna Morrisroe  (Read 9616 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Anna Morrisroe
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 11 September 10 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Seamiuse,

You do get discrepancies but I must admit I have'nt seen anything like the amount this family has thrown up through the Census.  Even so it does look as if you have the right family all the way through. You are missing the marriage details - but I still wonder if the Ohio marriage could be them and they have gone from Ohio to New York and back to Ohio  ???
Was quite surprised the Ireland thread was locked and directed here when you have most of the US information and it is the Roscommon and Mayo links you need.

Plod on - never say never !!

Regards
Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Seamiuse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never stop searching for the genealogical truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 12 September 10 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Seamiuse,

You do get discrepancies but I must admit I have'nt seen anything like the amount this family has thrown up through the Census.  Even so it does look as if you have the right family all the way through. You are missing the marriage details - but I still wonder if the Ohio marriage could be them and they have gone from Ohio to New York and back to Ohio  ???
Was quite surprised the Ireland thread was locked and directed here when you have most of the US information and it is the Roscommon and Mayo links you need.

Plod on - never say never !!

Regards
Sandra  ;)

ahhhhhh no worries Sandra, "fervent in my pursuits" as the Bishop Patrick would say is firmly implanted in m'bones  lol.

you hit th'nail on the head with the moving.

in this order of birth they were;
John F (the son) 1898 was born in ohio
Daniel  1900 in NY
Edwin T 1902 Ohio
Francis J 1905 NY on several ref's but known to be Gerard, Pa)
Helen 1907 Ohio
Katherine 1909 Ohio
Margaret 1915 Ohio

wait, did I miss something? marriage details? I musta missed that. Do tell (or better yet, SHOW! lol)

I was a bit surprised by the lock as well as depending on the time, what was Mayo, became Roscommon  lol

still haven't found them coming in to the US yet, but I'll get em  lol

onward I go!
Woooooooooooooosh
Morrisroe - County Mayo and  County Roscommon
Broderick - Co. Kerry

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 12 September 10 15:07 BST (UK) »

I was a bit surprised by the lock as well as depending on the time, what was Mayo, became Roscommon  lol

I mentioned on the other thread on the Roscommon board about the detail on the registration district listed on the birth for Anna  -

Castlereagh is the registration district and this covers areas in both counties Mayo and Roscommon. Ballaghderreen town is in Co. Mayo but quite close (c 5km) to the border with Co. Mayo. The location  given on the extracted record above may the a sub-registration district, rather than the town of the same name.

If you order the birth cert this would include a more detailed place of birth and residence for the family, which would pinpoint the location for you. An rural address would probably consist of a townland name.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 12 September 10 15:15 BST (UK) »
Reply 3 mentioned a marriage in Ohio of Anna Morris to John Birdenek 29 April 1896  ???

http://www.rootschat.com/links/09pn/
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Seamiuse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never stop searching for the genealogical truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 09 December 10 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Update - Ann and James' Civil Birth Records have been found. Now, t'go one more generation back.
Morrisroe - County Mayo and  County Roscommon
Broderick - Co. Kerry