Author Topic: annie jane clague/sims  (Read 3735 times)

Offline dutchman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
annie jane clague/sims
« on: Monday 06 September 10 14:42 BST (UK) »
annie jane clague married john sims a soldier serving on the island,  in Oneham church Douglas.  The date was 09/11/1917.   Witnesses RJ McLeakey and Winifred Claque.

He was a widower and she a spinster.  After the war did they remain on the island or return to the mainland?

His children from the first marriage were living with his former Mother-in-Law in Liverpool.

Help please!
Rogers of Wrexham. Atkins of Launceston and Plymouth.
Henry Jones C/Sgt Royal Marines died 1940.  Matron Jones St Giles Hospital Camberwell  SE London -  1920-1950.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: annie jane clague/sims
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 September 10 14:56 BST (UK) »
have you checked http://www.manxbmd.com/ - it might also be worth noting that it is Onchan parish church - strictly not Douglas as to north of Douglas though it includes a section of North Douglas within its ecclesiatical boundary (Douglas before coming a Borough in the 1890's was in the ecclesiastical parish of Braddan but the civil parish of Onchan(old spelling Conchan)
however it might be worth checking out the burial of John George Sims bur Onchan 19370209 age 63 + anne jane sims bur Onc 19600529 age 72 as they may be relevant
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline dutchman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 September 10 15:09 BST (UK) »
thank you very much for the info.   I have been helping an elderly lady trace this information.   

Very impressed by the quick reply and most grateful.
Rogers of Wrexham. Atkins of Launceston and Plymouth.
Henry Jones C/Sgt Royal Marines died 1940.  Matron Jones St Giles Hospital Camberwell  SE London -  1920-1950.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 September 10 15:20 BST (UK) »
there might be Memorial Inscriptions - try posting request on http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes as Donna has all books of such - the death certs can be bought from IoM Genl registry (www.gov.im) - copies of wills can be had from same place
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline mo iom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 September 10 18:09 BST (UK) »
Although I have not done much research on the Clagues, I think this lady may be in my family tree. I have Anne J born 1888 in Ballaugh. Anne had, amongst other siblings, a sister Winifred born about 1901 in Onchan. The family moved from Ballaugh to Onchan between 1896 and 1900. I do not have enough postings to send you a pm so will send another message and then try to pm you.

Offline mo iom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 September 10 18:14 BST (UK) »
I am also vaguely aware that during my childhood, that we had some distant cousins with the surname Sims.