Author Topic: Joseph Melia of Multyfarnham  (Read 5006 times)

Offline J Melia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Melia of Multyfarnham
« on: Thursday 18 March 10 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have rcently found out that my great grandfather name was Joseph Melia, which I think was from Mullinghar, my grandparents (patrick Melia & Alice Farrell) it is possible that his wife was mary and she lived no 2 cathedral view later as patrick lived at no 1

i have found alot of info on the 1901 & 1911 census for alice farrell ect but i cant find anything for Joseph melia and Mary, there children were Frank, Patrick, John, Mary etc

I would be very greatful for any information please.

Thanks John Melia

Offline J Melia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Joseph Melia of West Meath
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 16:42 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find info on my G grangfather Joseph Melia, I believe his wife was Mary(my g g/mother) My father and his father was from Mullingar, so I assume they were also from there, but cant be sure.

I have also just found out that Mary lived at Cathedral view, next door to Patrick my G/father.

I have checked the 1901/1911 census but cant find anything on them, pease can anyone help as I am really struggling and have posted about him before with no response.

Their childen were, Patrick, Frank, Tony, Mary

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Melia of Multyfarnham
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 17:07 BST (UK) »
I've merged today's post with the one looking for the same information you'd made earlier. Perhaps if you can give us an idea of their ages we might be able to find them in 1901 and 1911 for you.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline J Melia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 19:46 BST (UK) »
It is all guess work, I think my grandfather was born about 1885, so Joseph and Mary could have been born any time from 1840's to 1850's.

I think I have found my grandfathers 1st family(wife) Katie in the 1911, he was 26 then, so he would have been born in 1885
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Westmeath/Mullingar_South_Urban/Belview_Road/886103/

I have searched through for a joseph and just cant find anything!

Thanks for the help!

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 September 10 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

The 1911 Census shows a Joseph, age 74 & Elizabeth age 67, living with their son Joseph age 26 near Fore, Co. Westmeath.  Joseph states that he was born in Westmeath.  Apparently this couple had 7 living children at that time.  Who were the other 6 children?  You can see the entry at:-

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Westmeath/Fore_East/Glenidan/880644/

Could this be your missing Joseph?

Cheers