Author Topic: Mead(e) family Limerick  (Read 4147 times)

Offline linkyjinx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mead(e) family Limerick
« on: Wednesday 06 April 05 00:10 BST (UK) »
I've got a James Mead born in Limerick  in 1843 - 45 the closest match I can find so far is:

IGI JAMES MEADE -
Gender: Male Christening: 14 SEP 1845 Askeaton, Limerick, Ireland Parents: Patrick Meade & Margret Lynch.

I can't find a Marriage between Margaret & Patrick for Ireland any ideas where I could look appreciated, knowledge of any other James Mead born in Limerick about that time?

My James Mead moved to Portsmouth, Hampshire married Polinea Mead (nee ?Gonzalez - frm Gibraltar) had daughters Margaret, Emily & Ida Louisa Mead(my great Gran)
EastEnd-London-Aldridge,Crispin,Eaton,Fletcher,Lacey,Quin,Rayment,Smith,Steib,Wood.
Portsmouth-Hampshire-Barbeary,Hodge,Mead,Merritt,Millett,Smith.
Cambridgeshire-Suffolk-Brook(e)s,Collin,Collyn,Hansell,Isaacson,Miller,Leggat,Livermore,Mason,Oak(e),Page,Sizer,Spiser,Ware,Woolward
Preston-Lancashire-Hodge(s),Steib.
Gibraltar-Cadiz-Gonzalez/s,Mead(e).
Ireland-Limerick-Mead(e),Quin(n).
USA-Europe-Mead(e), Steib & it's Variants - Stebe etc.
Other names-Briggs,Brown,Burgess,Hood,Miles,Miller.

Offline noeleneg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mead(e) family Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 June 05 05:57 BST (UK) »
I have a convict Margaret Meade sentenced to transportation for 15 years for cow-stealing.  She was sentenced at Rathkeale quarter sessions on 10th January 1850 and transported to Tasmania, Australia.

She was 22 years of age at transportation and sadly died in Tasmania during childbirth in 1859.

Do you have any missing Meades that could just possibly be my Margaret??

OR can anyone offer any suggestions for tracing Margaret.  I was wondering if there is any chance of checking the Limerick newspaper of January 1850 for a report of Margaret's crime.

GRateful for any suggestions.............Noelene

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 14:01 BST (UK) »
Linkyjinx - To get the marriage information if its not on the IGI you will have to, unfortunately,  either write to the parish priest for Askeaton, or accessing the parish records for that parish from the National Library in Dublin.
The following are the Meade's that were heads of households on the Griffiths Registrar.
Meade    Mary    Aghalacka    Askeaton    Limerick
Meade    John    Aghalacka    Askeaton    Limerick

Noelene - give me few days and I will check the local newspapers for any reports of your Margaret.

Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 11:51 BST (UK) »
I checked the Limerick Chronicle newspaper and the Limerick Reporter & Tipperary Vindicator but there was no mention of your Margaret Meade unfortunately.
Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline noeleneg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 June 05 07:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for taking the trouble Sharon.  I think I now have to sit back and wait for a response from the Genealogists Genii  !!!!!

Kind regards...........Noelene

Offline noody

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I too am researching Meade in Limerick.  Unfortunately I don't have a James for you. I have a Patrick Catherine Margaret and Francis.
Wouldn't it be nice if all of us researching Meade in Limerick got together and exhanged what we have.
Have a great day.

Noody