Author Topic: OBRIEN family Tulla County Cllare.  (Read 5874 times)

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
Re: OBRIEN family Tulla County Cllare.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 September 10 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi
Tulla district means that he was registered there, but doesn't necessarily mean that he lived in Tulla. There was a family of O'Briens in Dromoland. William O'Brien was Lord Inchiquin. Dromoland Castle has been a hotel for many many years. There are many things online about this family and some books available. The Tulla registeration would cover some of this area of County Clare.
Please give me feedback as i am interested in the O'Brien family also. Mine also emigrated to Australia

Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline annola

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 September 10 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret,
What state of Australia did your Obriens settle in? and where they from the same area in Ireland.

Annola.

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Annola
My O'Briens "I THINK" came from the Clonmoney,,Bunratty area of County Clare. I have no solid proof of this. They settled in Trentham East, Victoria. My ggrandaunt Margaret Hayes who was born in Bunratty Co Clare married Timothy O'Brien in Kyneton in 1868. Her uncle Pat Considine was witness at the marriage which was by dispensation, which leads me to believe the couple were related. They had several children including some sets of twins.

Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more