Author Topic: CARNEY, JOHN  (Read 2254 times)

Offline BanffAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CARNEY, JOHN
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 September 10 12:47 BST (UK) »
She is tricky.  There was chat that she ended up in a loony bin.  After 17 kids (and 7 infant deaths) I am not surprised!  I am intrigued as to why you get involved in others searches?

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 September 10 13:12 BST (UK) »
 ;D  I call it the "Hercule Poirot Syndrome". Or Miss Marple!  I just really love the fun of detectiving -  and plus I get to learn a lot of history and of places I otherwise never would have come across.

Most facinating is seeing  & feeling both the ordinary & extraordinary lives of ordinary people unfolding.  That  everyone has a story to tell  ;D   Puts our world in perspective too, to know a lot of the 'basic' life dramas we go through have been happening for hundreds of years. 

Yes, I often wonder how it was in those days - how mothers coped -  to have so many children and so many deaths of little ones. I was looking at a page of deaths in a Canada index the other day - of 12 consecqutive recorded deaths, 8 were infants or stillborn.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline BanffAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 September 10 13:16 BST (UK) »
Well I might have some more mysteries  8) you could help me clear up!  I am relatively new to this.  :P

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 September 10 14:08 BST (UK) »
Fire away ! Post lots of topics and that keep us Poirots and Marples happy, lots of us on Rootschat  ;D We have a way of sniffing out the real mystery topics to get stuck into.

We all started off new;  a good lot of what I've learned and still am learning,  has been from being a Rootschatter !

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)