Author Topic: (jack)turner singer of rotherham  (Read 2884 times)

Offline taylorkit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
(jack)turner singer of rotherham
« on: Sunday 12 September 10 14:38 BST (UK) »
 :)  jack turner was the son of my paternal grandmothers sister. he was married twice - once in the midlands and thereafter on the south coast. he died young allegedly as the result of a traffic accident. i have photographs of him and his partner on stage as well as a brief handwritten greeting to my cousin and her parents. most of his kin went to australia on the servicemens "shilling" ticket in the early 1950's I've been tracking him without much success for 4 years. Anyone else know anything about him?

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: (jack)turner singer of rotherham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 September 10 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi again Taylorkit.

The link I have is to the Midlands Family with his 1st wife.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 September 10 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Taylorkit.

My son has spoken to me today to say all the information you
have kindly supplied has arrived with him.

I now await it knowing some of what is enclosed, and wish
to say a huge thank you and as soon as it is with me I will P.M. you.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline duckcarver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 September 10 05:19 BST (UK) »
Hi: may I jump in for mo.  I am trying to find the Turner family on my  mothers side. I lost contact about 1968. Last I knew my uncle George  was owner of Frank Turner Ltd. exhibition Stand Fitters located 132 & 134 Liverpool Rd London. I was in london 1953 and visited him there as well as my Grandmun at 25 Duncan Terrace Islington N1. However since then she has passed and all the family evaporated. I had an uncle Frank turner as well but no further info on him. there were two boys frank and Richard. I do know Richard was a police officer {bobby}. I have lots of photos and other info. Oh yes while I was there I spent time with my cousin Dianne Ettington at the time she was Queen of Southend on sea where my ship was tied up at  that time. Hope you don't mind me intruding  Dick  U.S.A

Offline taylorkit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 September 10 09:06 BST (UK) »
hi usa from england  -  sadly your christian names relevant to the turner family do not strike a chord with me at all at this time. christian names seem to run thru families and none of these appear at all . whilst i am researching a number of strands of family that involves the turners in some small way , they were all based around sutton-in-ashfield,nottinghamshire and round the chesterfield , derbyshire area and don't extend as far as the places you indicate. sorry for the inadequate results of your enquiry    pete