Author Topic: Kealy family from Kilkenny  (Read 11317 times)

Offline Kealy111

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kealy family from Kilkenny
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 April 21 14:55 BST (UK) »
I have an uncle James  (Jim) deceased, born 02/05/1929 in Castlecomer.  His brother Patrick Kealy was my father.  Lived just outside Manchester.  Was a Prison Officer, not  a fireman.  Siblings:
Tom, Margaret, Lena, Molly, Sheila, Kathleen, Annie, John, Betty, Frances & Roseanne.  Not sure if same family.

Offline Wednesday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 June 21 20:52 BST (UK) »
Re post from Kealy111

Definitely the same family as Cimbrio is looking for.  Jim was also my uncle, if I remember rightly your grandmother was Betty?
Remember visiting them in Gloucester

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 June 21 10:26 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Kealy111 was last online here in April, but hopefully if they received an e-mail notification they will respond to your post. If you make at least one more post, you can contact them by PM (Personal Message) and exchange e-mail addresses and other data.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 June 21 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Wednesday, hi Kealy111! I'm just seeing your messages now. We are definitely talking about the same family! I have fond memories of Jim, he was the only grandfather figure I ever had, and everyone in the family loved him as a father/grandfather - even nowadays we remember his birthday and talk about how lovely he was. I remember him and my nan visiting us when I was young (in Spain) and I remember asking him to list all his siblings' names, as I was amazed there were so many - I suppose it was an early sign that I was passionate about genealogy! Feel free to DM me if you need any info, I'm also happy to share a few photos of Jim.
Best wishes
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)

Offline Kealy111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 June 21 11:09 BST (UK) »
So lovely to hear from you.  What a small world!  Do you have any details eg names and dates of birth of Jim's parents?  I never met my grandfather (Jim's  dad) and I'd like to try and trace more details about him.  Its on my list of things to do to try and fully trace my parents family tree. Mt Dad "Patrick" moved to England when he was still a teenager, and didn't retain regular contact with a lot of his siblings.  I'd love a picture o Jim if you have one.  I think most of the original 13/14 siblings are now deceased.   Possibly a sister in Ireland still living, and I think another sister went to America.

Offline Wednesday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 June 21 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hello
Yes would love a photo of Jim
Have not worked out how to DM on this site yet
N (Paddy's son) - if you contact me can answer your queries (am Margaret's daughter)Rpemuf

Offline Wednesday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 July 21 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi - I do have a photo of Jim and Paddy's parents and dates of birth of all siblings

Offline KealyUSA

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 25 October 22 05:44 BST (UK) »
Kealy111 - my father in law, Stephen Kealy, is the son of Lena Kealy. is it true this is your sister? i have been searching for his family for 8 years - please, please respond

Offline McCarney

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 18 December 23 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wednesday, hi Kealy111! I'm just seeing your messages now. We are definitely talking about the same family! I have fond memories of Jim, he was the only grandfather figure I ever had, and everyone in the family loved him as a father/grandfather - even nowadays we remember his birthday and talk about how lovely he was. I remember him and my nan visiting us when I was young (in Spain) and I remember asking him to list all his siblings' names, as I was amazed there were so many - I suppose it was an early sign that I was passionate about genealogy! Feel free to DM me if you need any info, I'm also happy to share a few photos of Jim.
Best wishes

Hi All, Im researching my paternal family tree and would be really keen to speak to anyone with information on Kealys in the Gloucester area around the early 1970s. Any help gratefully received.

Merry Christmas