Author Topic: Herbert John Alfred Lait look up1901  (Read 7512 times)

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert John Alfred Lait look up1901
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 15 May 05 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Thelma. William Henry Hawley was interred on the 23rd April 1927  but Agnes died on April 13 1894 and both are buried in Kenora. I do not have any obits on either of them. I do not know if they married in Canada  or England.
At some stage they went to Minnesotta where Sadie Agnes was born 1880 or 1881, 
the only other information I have is that on  the 1871 cenus for the `Uk  Agnes was a nursemaid to the Tanner family  of Cheddar and they had a number of servants . On the 1881 UK census the Tanner family of Cheddar have disappeared(have they come to Canada and Agnes travelled with them)   On the 1891 Cenus for the UK it shows that Sadie Agnes Wilson is visiting her Aunt Amelia  Wilson schoolmistress of Lower Basildon. Berkshire with her Grandparents  Aaron and Sarah Wilson .
Why was she in the Uk. Also the 1901 cenus shows Sadie to also be in the Uk and living with her Aunt Amelia at Upper Basildon Berkshire at the Schoolhouse her occupation is now shown as that of Teachers assistant. Sadie then marrries Lait in 1818.
 Can you tell me did Sadie and her husband come back to Canada and then return to the Uk in the late 1930's after the death of Lait's father in 1936.Was Sadie present at her fathers funeral  inApril 1927?
All I have really have  is that William Henry Hawley died  April 23 1927 and his buried with his wife who passed April 13th 1894.OH! the only other point I have  is that on Sadies's marriage certificate to Lait, her father's occupation is described as "Gentleman"
Hope you can put this one  to bed Thelma.. But many , many, thanks for all your help you are an angel and I am really indebted to you, you have already solved a number of enigma's for me BLESS YOU

KEN