Author Topic: Walsh of Wexford  (Read 51583 times)

Offline rattler

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walsh of Wexford
« Reply #99 on: Thursday 12 May 16 23:57 BST (UK) »
My thoughts exactly about William.  Now I just have to find out where the parents were on the 1911 census.  Really need to get over and check out some church records to maybe find out when they died.  Think I will let my Walsh side rest in peace for a little while.  Anne
Wexford Town..
Harpur. O'Rourke. Foley. Walsh. Furlong.

Offline rattler

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Friday 11 November 16 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Back again.  I haven't managed a visit yet but I was looking at 1901 census for Castlehill Street and last time I was over there I couldn't make out with end they had lived.  House number on census was 1 with 6 rooms, house 12 was public house and 13 unoccupied with 13 rooms.  Could someone tell me would 1 be close to Swan Guest house or other end.  Thanks, Anne.
Wexford Town..

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 13 November 16 08:37 GMT (UK) »
The numbers on the census are just the enumerator's numbers for that particular census so can't be relied on 100% to figure out where a particular property was located. The Valuation Revision Books and maps that go with Griffith's Valuation might help sort out which property you are interested in.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 10:31 GMT (UK) »
you may be interested in crew lists
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j7c/

Offline rattler

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Wow.  Thanks for the intro into that site.  Problem is I am looking for John, John Joseph, William or Frank Walsh.  My gt.grandfather was John, born 1860c and he is the one I am most keen to find as I was told he was a master.  On Franks RNR paper, John's address is shown as J J Stafford. Wexford.  Is there a way I can check for those names.  Anne
Wexford Town..

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 11:16 GMT (UK) »
at the top of the page see search

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 11:36 GMT (UK) »
you may need to search as Welsh as well

heres another site same thing Walsh or Welsh/Welch
http://www.irishmariners.ie/searchdatabase.php?srch_surname=Welch&submit=Search

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Wow.  Thanks for the intro into that site.  Problem is I am looking for John, John Joseph, William or Frank Walsh.  My gt.grandfather was John, born 1860c and he is the one I am most keen to find as I was told he was a master.  On Franks RNR paper, John's address is shown as J J Stafford. Wexford.  Is there a way I can check for those names.  Anne

I just tried using the site and search provided by dathai, and entering a range for the birth date. Came up rapidly with a John Walsh of Wexford as a mate in 1891 and master in 1893, latter with address in King St. Looks like a great resource - found my great-uncle Bartholomew Walsh of Wexford straight off!
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area